47

'you are the lyrics to my song'

Today marks the week before the second trial. Cedric and I made up and he was supportive about Draco and I's relationship. Though he was sad, he says his only comfort was that we continue to be best friends.

Though we have been spending less time together than we did before, we always tried to open the bloody golden egg. It was starting to get on my nerves and today we were going to meet up in the Prefect's bathroom. It's a weird location, I know. But it was the only place where he and I could concentrate solely on the egg.

"Hey, gold eyes." I said as I enter the bathroom. He grins at me and raised his hand for a highfive. Forming a fist, I punched his hand like a rebel.

"So...let's oben this baby?" He asks, tapping the golden egg. I groan, putting my bag away.

"It does sound like a baby. Screeching and all..." I mutter grumpily. He laughs and pressed the button and it began screeching. I covered my ears, reaching for the ear muffs in my bag. I put it on and when the noise was blocked out, I angrily threw it away. It landed on the water and we see it glowing. Then I realized that the noise was over when Cedric took his hands off his ears. I took off my earmuffs and we both look at eachother, frowning.

"Try hearing it underwater." I suggested. He told me it was absurd but I rolled my eyes and took off his robes for him and his tie.

"Dianna what on—" I searched his pockets for anything and then when I found nothing I pushed him in the water. He fell, obviously. I crossed my arms, waiting for him to come up. Seconds later he did and he looked so shocked.

"I heard it! The clue!" He says, closing the egg back as he comes up. I snatched up a towel and threw it at him.

"Come and seek us where are voices found. We cannot sing above the ground. And while your searching ponder this; We've taken what you'll sorely miss. An hour you have to look, to recover what we took. But past an hour the prospect's black. Too late, it's gone, it won't come back." He says breathlessly. I frown, pursing my lips as I try to think about it.

"The task must have mermaids included. It doesn't really say where but it does say your mission. Something will be stolen from you but I don't know what. It could be your most priced possesion,I don't know! And an hour...that's how long your challenge is. But if it does include swimming then...how are you gonna hold your breath that long?" I stsrt to pace around as I rumble a few things.

"That's brilliant,Dianna! Now we have to think of a strategy on how to breathe for an hour." He says and I nodded, agreeing. I kept thinking then an idea pops in my mind.

"Ah! Bubblehead charm! It's easy and it could earn you points for strategy. It's the most simple way! You do know how to swim, right?" I narrow my eyes at him and he looked offended at this.

"Of course I do! Bubblehead? I don't know how that works...never done it before." I roll my eyes at him.

"Well, you're gonna learn something from me then." I said as I pat his shoulders. I grab my bag and start to head out of the bathroom. Honestly, it smells like Cedric here and Draco will kill him for that.

"Oh and tell Potter about it! That dunderhead thinks he has all the time in the world to open a screaching egg! And tell him he's a loser. See ya!" I yelled out as I start to walk away.

...

Draco's POV

It's a day away from the second task and my girlfriend, Dianna has been helping Diggory. Seriously he brought this to himself and he needs a girl's help. I'm a little pissed at him but I knew he made Dianna happy so I like that part. I know that Dianna and I are perfect for each other but sometimes, I know Dianna can't say stuff to me. And I guess she vents it out on Diggory.

Speaking of which, my girlfriend is nowhere to be found. It's night time and the last time we saw eachother was at the Great Hall. Professor McGonagall had stolen her from me.

"Where is she?" I ask impatiently. We're all sitting in our usual spot, except for Dianna. She's been missing all night long.

"Calm down, Draco. Professor McGonagall must have needed her assistance or something. She is after all the top of Transfiguration." Daphne says and I nodded reluctantly. I just hope she wasn't put into trouble.

...

It's the day of the task and Dianna has not been found. I tried asking Professor Snape but I haven't seen him around. For the second task, we were all escorted to the Black Lake. So I stood with my friends, still anxious of where Dianna was.

"Seriously she's not even here." I said to them.

"Yeah...but we can't leave this bloody place now. God, why are we even here—"

"Last night, something was stolen from our champions. A treasure, of sorts. These four treasures, from each of the champions now lie in the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion must only find their treasures and return to the surface. Simple enough, except for this. They will have one hour to do so, an hour only. After that they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin at the start of the canon—" then a sound of a canon fires and I see the four of them jumping on the water without hesitation. Well, three...since Potter was choking. I grinned at this and I see Mad Eye pushing him. Great thinking, Professor!

A few minutes later and we couldn't see where they were or what their treasures were. Then I see a moving, it must have been a champion. Then resurfaced a familiar yellow. Diggory had went first! But my mind rages a little when I see who was beside him. It was Dianna, choking at the water. Though the other's were cheering, I pushed everyone out of the way to get to my girlfriend.

Diggory's treasure was Dianna? Well he does like her but...nevermind my girlfriend is freezing to death. And I can now see Professor Snape looking extremely scary right now. I guess I wasn't the only one whose not okay with this.

"Gimme that." I snatched a towel from the Mediwizard and wrapped Dianna with it. She locked her eyes with me and she managed to smile.

"Give me more towel!" I barked and the Mediwitch hurried to give me one. I wrap her around and turned to Diggory who was looking at us.

"Congrats, Diggory. For putting my girlfriend in danger." I said bitterly and he sarcastically smiles at me.

"Hey! I taught him the charm. It's only right he saves me." Dianna says and gives Diggory a hug. She turns to me and rolls her eyes and kissed me on my cheek.

"Don't be such a wuss."

"Tsk, whatever."