86

'cunning defense'

The Aurors, Teachers and Dianna   all watched as the protective wall defended the spells. They were like fireworks in the sky. How Dianna got scared it would hit them but at the same time it only lasted in the air.

The Heir of Slytherin shook her thoughts away, knowing she had to be set on her goal. This is no place for silly feelings. She repeated those words like a mantra. She turned to the old Potions Master and saw how his eyes reflected the bright spells in the night.

"I have to go, Professor. I hope to see you in the end of the war." She said, a small worried smile on her face. Horace Slughorn turned to her, his features etched in a soft expression.

"You too, Dianna." He replied and Dianna nodded. She turned to leave and her gaze was greeted by two familiar redheads—one of them missing an ear.

"Of course you'd both be here." She sarcastically says and the Weasley twins turned to her, eyes beaming at her safe state.

"Yana!" They chorused and the Heir of Slytherin chuckled under her breath as she approached them.

"Did one of your prank products misfire?" She gestured at George's ear.

"Nah, that's is permanent damage. Snape did the work. Killing curse did the work." Fred answered for his brother who nodded in agreement. Dianna winced slightly knowing her godfather must have purposely missed to spare George's life.

"I'd like to apologize for my godfather. I'd like to stay but I have a feeling those Gryffindors, Minerva sent in the back bridge are going to be in trouble." She said, walking ahead of them.

"See you around, Yana!" Both exclaimed and Dianna couldn't help but smile. As she skillfully walked towards the back bridge, she immediately saw some Gryffindors and Longbottom leading them. She sighed to herself, wondering what went to their mind that they had someone to lead them.

Upon seeing her arrival, some shuddered and some avoided her stare. Everyone in the Great Hall saw her eyes and Daphne being Daphne spread a rumor that if you look into her eyes you'd turn to stone. Smirking, she walked with head up high and nodded at Ginny. The younger girl gave her a respectful nod, forever thankful for saving her life. Dianna continued to walk towards Neville Longbottom who had taken it upon himself to station in the end of the bridge.

"Snatchers?" She said in a dismissive tone, surprising the Gryffindor boy. Neville blinked rapidly, looking at where her gaze where and saw snatchers were indeed running towards them. He took a step back as his eyes widened, while Dianna stood still—her hands in her back as she stared at them in disdain. As they reached the barrier some of them turned to ashes before being held back by their leader.

"Cute." She muttered,looking out when she heard something that resembled a thunder. Neville was saying something to them and Dianna payed no mind, letting him think he sounded brave for at least a few seconds. Her eyes widened as she saw the barrier was taken down.

"Elder wand...Longbottom get back!" She screamed and just in time that a war cry broke out. She aimed her wand and used the stunning spell as the two of them ran. It knocked back a the front liners in one go but there were too many of them. She cursed, ducking as Neville's aim almost got her. So she grabbed his arm and pushed him, aiming at his chest she sent him flying backwards—landing near Ginny Weasley. So then Dianna was left to deal with the hundreds of Snatchers, stunning and stunning until she thought of a plan.

"Reducto!" She exclaimed at the side of the bridge, and ran in more speed as it began breaking. The floor beneath her was breaking too and as she reached towards the entrance, she fell.

"Slytherin!" She heard Ginny exclaim. She grunted, her grip on her wand tightening. She  could drop  and use Aresto Momentum but that would be excruciatingly long. So she took her wand to her mouth and used both of her hands to grip on the wood she was holding onto. Transformimg herself into a black mamba, she slowly slithered back up. She heard the Gryffindor lot gasp, making her mentally roll her eyes. She proceeded to transforming back to being human, glaring at Neville Longbottom who was unconcsious on the ground.

"Stay safe, kid. Didn't risk my second year arse for nothing." She said and patted Ginny's shoulder, leaving the Weasley girl stunned. She watched Dianna's back in awe, her black coat swaying gracefully behind her.

"Wicked."

...

A blonde haired girl with emerald snake eyes was too easy to notice, that Dianna was sure of. For the past minutes that she had been trying to get through the crowd, she had been ambushed by at least three Death Eaters in hopes to bring her to the Dark Lord. Clearly, they underestimated her. They thought perhaps that Dianna had gone too soft and couldn't bare to use Unforgivables. The painful shrieks begged to differ.

As Dianna ran through the crowd, sending hexes and  curses here and there she saw a familiar blonde. Cursing loudly and sending Death Eaters around her flying backwards, she ran towards Daphne.

"Greengrass! You better have a good explanation why you're here." She seethed, blocking a curse that flew on her best friend's direction. Daphne's eyes widen, but she was still sending protective spells for herself.

"I'm looking for Theo!" She exclaimed, pulling up a Hufflepuff kid who fell on the floor and cursed the unknown Death Eater.

"Go. Get somewhere safe." She muttered quickly and turned to her best friend once again, who covered for her.

"Salazar's sake, why did he even get out of the bloody dungeon?!" Dianna angrily spat as she stunned several Snatchers who had miraculously survived.

"I don't know! He said something about making things right for once and for all!" Daphne exclaimed and before Dianna could reply, it seemed that another familiar face had joined them.

"Ah, Daphne Greengrass. I do apologize for my long absence. And Dianna, how an honor it would be to be the one to bring you to the Dark Lord." Had Dianna ever mentioned how much an asshole Nott Sr. was? Nott Sr. was standing before them, a condescending smile playing on his lips.

"Enough talk, Nott. Sr. I'm sure Theo would be delighted to finish you." Dianna snarled, earning a small shudder from Daphne.

"Well, not before I destroy him completely. So sorry, Daphne but—"

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

----
I'm sorry for not updating earlier! I've been rewriting Gods of Misfit! But hey!we're coming to an end!