55

'it's sad how i seem to love you more than myself'

I sat alone in the Common Room, wanting to avoid another sleep filled with nightmares. If I stay in my room I get bored easily,I wasn't used to having my own room here in Hogwarts. Prefect perks, I guess.

I was reading my DADA book and the whole time the only feeling I have is that I am insulted. These lessons are for first years.  So I closed my eyes as I closed the horrible book. I sigh frustratingly, slumping in my chair.

"Oh..." I open my eyes and looked behind me and saw Draco, rubbing his eyes sleepily. I frowned looking at the grandfather clock in the room. Oh it's 1 in the morning already and I waisted my precious time in reading this insulting book.

"Why are you still up?" I heard him ask. I glare at the fireplace not answering him yet. I see him sit in his chair, the one beside mine.

"Because I can't sleep." I lied. Oh, I was very tired. But I knew that if I sleep now, I'd have nightmares.

"Oh... why didn't you wake me up?"

"Would you?" I retaliate at him. He opens his mouth to say something but he closes it. I laugh a little, sounding like it was a scoff.

"You say these things like your writing an essay. You make it seem like we could just start over and over again." I said as I stared at my left hand again. It became a habit by now whenever I talk to Draco.

"I'm sorry, Dianna. But it's not easy to accept the fact that you'd rather me on the enemy's side than yours." He says and I sighed. Another conversation and it's the same topic. It's getting a little exhausting but that wouldn't change my mind.

"Do you know why I can't sleep at some nights, Draco? Because Cedric's death hunts me. I blame myself for not doing anything. I blame myself for being a coward and not going into that maze with him. I hate that I was a coward and I didn't fight him when I knew myself I could have done my best to keep Cedric alive." I stared back at him with sad eyes. He holds my hand, putting them in his cheek. I feel how cold his face was but the way he relaxed he must have felt the hotness in my hand transfered to him.

"Do you understand how important it is for me to do this alone? If it's any consolation I'm not even on Potter's side." I said and caressed my thumb in his cheeks.

"But are you really ready with the fact that I could go against you?" I stopped at this, I froze. I felt my hand slowly slipping away from his cheeks and I see his sad eyes.

Would I? Am I aready to go against him? I know for one thing that one day Tom Riddle will use him against him.

"I don't know, love."

...

"Dianna!" I turn around with a frown and saw Potter rushing to me. I groaned as I see Gingerhead and Haven't-brushed-her-hair-since-birth gal, Hermione Granger. Seriously, has she never gotten hold of a brush in her entire life?

"What do you want, Potter?" I ask boredly as I start walking again. The three of them were trying to catch up with my pace, it was amusing.

"Listen, you have to think of a way to get Umbridge out of the school." He says and I pause in my tracks as I looked at him as if he were insane. Something has definitely changed about him. He seems...darker?

"Do I look like I would want to do favors for you, Potter? Of all the people here? I could punch you in the face but do you that big of a favor? You haven't saved the Wizarding World, Potter. And you're not the Minister of Magic." I said and I see Granger open her mouth but I whined loudly, flailing my hands around like I'm having a tantrum.

"God, Granger you're so loud!" I smirked as she glares at me. I turn away from them once again and started walking away.

"Wait! Dianna! Do it for Cedric! Please!" I stopped on my tracks. My heart beat's quickened as I felt my anger slowly rise. I turn to him and started walking as I glare at him. How dare he?

"Listen here, Mr. My-scar-saved-the-wizarding-world. You should never speak of Cedric to me if you value your life. I am not kind, Potter. I never was." I said and pushed him away from me. I turn around again and glared at his two sidekicks.

"What happened to the girl who tried to  save Ginny Weasley and I from dying down at the chamber at second year?" I stop again. Seriously this is getting a bit tiring. Why is everyone trying to change my decisions these days?

"If you think reminding me more of the past would make me soft and agree to your terms would work you are dead wrong." I deadpanned. I turn to the ginger next to him and narrowed my eyes at him.

"And by the way your sister still owes me. She's about three years late." I said to Weaselbee.

"No way does she owes you for that. My sister won't—"

"Would you like to fill in her position instead?" I cut him off with a sickly sweet smile. Oh Umbridge you would be delighted to kill me in exchange for this. Weasley shakes his head hastily and I snicker at this.

"But Dianna...would you like me to owe you a favor one day?" Potter suggests. I stop, slowly turning into a grin.

"Sure, Potter. You'd do anything in exchange for this?" I ask with a grin. I see him exchange looks with Granger. Oh he's gambling alright.

"Anything. Just drive her out."

"I'm gonna need your two brothers." I point at Weasley.

"Oh this is gonna get messy." I said and grinned maniacally.

...

We were having dinner, finally. I have been craving for a good jelly since morning. I see the jelly appear in front of me and I sat down next to Blaise with delighted eyes. As I grabbed my spoon a loud commotion began to errupt.

"Is that Umbridge and McGonagall? C'mon, Dianna let's go watch!" Blaise says and as I was about to put the spoonful of jelly in my mouth, I had been dragged out of the Great Hall.

"Pardon me professor but what exactly are you insuating?" Umbridge's voice was as usual sweetly irritating. If I had a voice like that maybe I would've just made myself mute.

"I am only requesting that when it comes to my students your deciplinary practices. " Professor McGonagall says, not even minding that we have come to watch. She was about two steps higher than Umbridge and I feel her authority even when I'm feets away from her.

"So silly of me but it sound as though your questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." She steps up, going on the same height as Professor McGonagall. Only that even though they were on the same step, she still had to look up because she's pretty short.

"Not at all Dolores. Merely your medieval methods."

"Oh, damn. She's clearly right about that." I said to Blaise who was beside me,watching everything unfold in amusement.

"I'm sorry dear but to question my practices is to question the Ministry. And by extention, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty. " Tolerant woman my arse. She could barely contain it when Potter says a word.

Mcgonagall steps back. "Disloyalty..."

Umbridge steps up, taking this opportunity to look taller.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate actions.."

Oh well, this would be a fun year.

---

Dianna's a bit...bipolar lol