t h r e e

Today was Professor Lupin's class and there was a rattling closet that was the centre of everyone's attention

Today was Professor Lupin's class and there was a rattling closet that was the centre of everyone's attention. After he explained that it made you're greatest fear come true and then you had to say 'riddikulus' and you're greatest fear comes to life. I was nervous as I had no idea what my biggest fear was. Most people had a clear image in their head but mine was fuzzy.
"Miss rose please step up!" Professor lupin shouted and I walked towards the wardrobe.
The door slowly opened and nothing came out. I cocked my head to the side in confusion and my neck snapped to look at the professor for a explanation.
"There must be something wrong? What- do you know what you're greatest fear is?" He came up to you asking and I nodded immediately. I had no idea and apparently that wasn't normal.
"Uhh I...just watch others do it then" lupin said awkwardly as he clearly had no idea what to do. I nodded once more and turned on my heels and sat myself down on a bench.
"You okay?" I looked to my side and there was Harry Potter sitting there. The cold metal underneath me made me shiver slightly and Harry noticed this thinking I was anxious.
"Im fine. It just took me by surprise that's all" I mumbled.
"It's quite impressive. We both come from some weird past that everyone seems to know more of yet I was scared of something. You weren't"
"I was brought up to not be scared of anything. Even you know who. It shows weakness and I have to be strong" I said repeating my fathers words. The words that had stroke fear into my heart once but now was a mere memory.
——————————|||—————————
I raced outside, my hair flowing behind me as I had forgotten to put it up. Well, I had forgotten about meeting Cedric all together and that's why I appeared so late.
"I'm so sorry Cedric, I forgot-" I started but he had a grin on his face as if he knew something I didn't.
"Why are you smiling like that?" I said trying not to reflect the emotion. He pointed to you're hair and you quickly felt you're hair and I felt the top of my head until I felt something sharp in it and picked it out.
"Oh my i was looking for this" I laughed and he laughed too. I had already made a fool of myself by losing my prefect badge and to have it in my hair was even worse.
"Come on Cedric I'm ready to kick you're ass again and you're distracting me"
"And me distracting you is a bad thing" he winked and I scoffed. He kicked off the ground hovering on his broom and I mirrored his actions.
We played quidditch for 2 hours straight until we both mounted on the ground due to exhaustion. My breathing rapid from the loss of energy from practise.
"You're all muddy" I scrunched my nose up showing my distaste to his new attire.
"Awww give me a hug!" He said quickly chasing after me as I tried to get away from him.
"Cedric!!" I shouted his name while giggling. I was so focused on trying to keep clean that I didn't see my broomstick on the floor so I tripped over it and instead I felt the impact, I felt myself being hovered in the air.
Cedric had picked me up form the waist hugging me tightly. He stared into my eyes as if seeing right through me before he smiled widely.
"Cedric!!! Stop" I laughed as I felt him tickling my sides. I jerked away from him, his laughter increasing as I squirmed. He finally let go and sat himself down on the grass next to me.
"You're such a dumbass" I said sitting down beside him, letting my head rest on his shoulder.
"Why thank you Athena, that's what I leave all the girls saying" he said sarcastically. I laughed at his comment and he stroked my hair slowly. She would never admit it out loud but that simple action sent butterflies soaring around her body.
"My dad sent me this letter and one for you too. I've read mine but I'm assuming he wants us to open this one together" he said rummaging through his pockets and finally fishing out a red envelope and passed it to me. I opened it as he stared intently at the seal on the paper.
I slid the letter out and it read:

"Dear miss Athena rose,
I have asked you're father, and he requested that you stay in my house over the summer. Even though I have the Chang's over in the summer, I am more than happy for you to come too. The two spare rooms I have are filled up so I hope you don't mind sleeping in the same room as Cedric? I have single bed I can place in there and if it's uncomfortable I'm sure my boy will swap places with you happily.
From amos Diggory"
I read out loud.
"Looks like you're never leaving me little one" he chuckled and I smiled
Why would my dad want me not with him in the summer? What was he planning on doing?
"Lucky me"