f o u r t y f i v e

I was half asleep during study period as I had stayed up most of the night practising the bubblehead charm with Cedric

I was half asleep during study period as I had stayed up most of the night practising the bubblehead charm with Cedric. I had been awoken from my short sleep on Chris' shoulder when professor moody tapped my shoulder quite roughly and waited for me to awake.
"Wake up" Chris voice brought me back to my senses and I looked up and almost jumped out of my seat once I was met with professor moody in front of me
"Professor mcgonagall would like to speak to you in her office immediately" I got up as told and followed him in the direction to the teachers office.
"You may be wondering why you're here and I am here to tell you that you're all going to be part of the second task. They have to retrieve something they've lost as I presume you all know and must retrieve it in an hour. You four are what is most important to the champions. What they will miss most" my heart warmed at the fact that Cedric was miss me more than any object or person in the school but then died down as I realised that meant we'd be in the black lake for an hour.
"But professor how can we possibly breath underwater for an hour?" Hermione asked
"Well we are going to put you under a sleeping spell, you will be safe and no harm will come to you. The charm will wear off once you get above surface"
I hesitantly understood and felt more at ease that I want going to remember or feel my experience in the black lake. She waved her wand and fleur's sister immediately slumped in her chair as she had been put to sleep.
After hermione and Ron I had also been put to sleep and welcomed the darkness
—————————————————
Cedrics pov-
My foot tapped repeatedly on the deck as I grew more anxious by the minute. Where was Athena? I needed her here to calm me down.
"Sorry to bother you but do you know where Athena is?" I asked miss mcgonagall and she shook her head saying no.
"My goodness you are shaking. Are you feeling okay?" She asked even though they both knew being ill wasn't something that they could help with the tournament and all.
"I'm fine" he said shaking off the feeling that something bad had happened to Athena. All of a sudden my eyes twitched and then rolled back. Miss mcgonagall looked at me worriedly but I knew what was happening. I was having a vision and that meant Athena was in danger. I saw that she was lightheaded and surrounded by water. Could she? No they wouldn't do that. I felt miss mcgonagall shaking me trying to snap me out of it and it stopped
"Oh my god mr diggory are you alright-" she was cut off by dumbledore's overpowering voice.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their
treasure and return to the surface.
Simple enough. Except for this, they
will have one hour to do so and one
hour only. After that they'll be on
their own"
they had took what was mine and the a strong feeling overtook me as I felt a surge of power almost ran through me.
" You may begin at the start of the cannon" the cannon fired and I was the first to jump into the water. The charm that I had applied was working perfectly. I sprung into action swimming further down as I felt my throat burn up from the pressure.
I kept pushing my legs to go further until I spotted a all too familiar girl. I swam towards Athena. I moved her hair out of her face before muttering a spell to get the rope that tied her down off. I didn't even notice who the other people were as I was so focused on the girl in my arms. I swam and swam til I saw the light ahead. Once we had reached the surface we both took a deep breath. Her bottom lip was slightly blue and trembling. I swam with her attached to me. I let her go up first and once I touched the deck, I heard cheering coming from all directions. I was covered by towels that were wrapped round me and I made my way over to Athena. I wrapped my arm round her giving us both warmth.
"I'm so proud of you ced" she said her bottom lip getting its colour back. I smiled as that was the best thing I could hear right now, I kissed her but was cut short as mcgonagall scolded us but still had a faint smile wavering over her face.
"Attention! Attention!" Dumbledore boomed and I got up follows by Athena, my arm still tightly secured round her waist. The winner is...
Mr Diggory!" Many cheers we're heard by me but only a few mattered. The other peoples names were called out but my friends kept patting me on the back congratulating me. I kissed her temple and sat my chin on top of her head as we continued to hear about everyone else's successes in the competition