t w e n t y

Athena would never admit it but cedrics group of fan girls sometimes did get to her

Athena would never admit it but cedrics group of fan girls sometimes did get to her. Not because she thought Cedric liked it but because she thought that Cedric deserved better than her. The constant worry about her mother coming back had made Cedric he a bit more cautious and was mostly seen around Athena or watching from afar. She tried to comfort him and reassure him that her mother wouldn't strike again, at least not this early in time but it didn't change the fact that Cedric was secretly scared. Scared of her arrival, scared of his loved ones getting hurt and mostly scared of death overall.
So he always chose to be ready in any scenario and kept his wand on him at all times.
"Come on Cedric it's not that far now!" A voice brought him back from his thoughts and he kept walking at his steady pace towards hogesmade. He knew they were close to the town as he could hear the welcoming voices from his position.
"I was thinking we could go get a drink first because my legs are exhausted" she groaned, rubbing her hand through her hair and letting out a sigh of exhaustion.
"Let's go then" he said before picking her up by her legs and throwing her over his shoulder.
"CEDRIC!" She said out loud, earning us a few confused glances from the strangers that walked past us. He let out a chuckle and kept walking in the direction of the three broomsticks.
Once he had pushed the door open, he put the girl down and she was pouting, and that made cedrics heart flutter as she looked incredibly flustered.
"I didn't approve of that" she said letting him know she wasn't too pleased with being carried at such a height.
"I know" he said and took her hand in his and guided them both to a table near a corner.
"I'll go get us some drinks" he said getting up and leaving her alone in her thoughts. She saw Hermione granger and Ron Weasley walk in through the door and sent them a smile which they both eagerly returned. They both sat on a table close to the one she was sitting on and began talking almost immediately.
Cedric has got back to the table but when he got back he saw the girl in a deep trance staring at the floor. Her mouth slightly open and her features not moving at all.
"How long have you been there" she said after a minute or so once she had finally managed to get out of the trance she was in.
"A minute or so" he admitted and shrugged his shoulders slightly.
"Can I do something with you're hair quickly?" She asked out of nowhere with a huge smile plastered on her features.
"I don't know-"
"Yay!" She exclaimed and quickly stood up and stood behind him.
"You're hair is really soft" she said and that made cedrics cheeks blush a little but luckily was unnoticed by Athena.
"Ow!" He felt his hair being tugged slightly and he had to make it seem as if it hurt even if it didn't.
"Ssh. Stop fussing. I'm just braiding you're hair-"
"You're what?!?" She burst into giggles and it was Cedric who was flustered as hermione was looking over and was also laughing.
"Okay okay very funny. We are getting out of here before anyone else wants to embarrass me any further" he said keeping his own laughter in and placed his hand on her back lightly pushing her towards the exit. The next few hours was spent looking in shops and to Athens's distraught every time she went to pay for something he'd quickly do it before she could place the money down.
"You do know I can pay for my own things right?" She said blushing once more as he had paid for another things that she had wanted to buy.
"I know I just want to buy you things" he said with a admirable smile on his face. She pecked him on the lips and he kissed her hand but on the finger that wore the promise ring.
"You still wear it?"
"I'm never taking it off" she said kissing his cheek.
"Now we have to go because the lady told us she was closing in 5 minutes and that was 10 minutes ago"