t h i r t y o n e

It was halfway through the summer break and it had been spent with much fun yet sometimes was cut short by a certain Chang next door

After all, they were very exhausted from yesterday when they decided to stay up late playing a muggle game of truth or dare which had led to Cedric running around the house multiple times with his shirt removed which as far as Athena knew only she had witnessed but that wasn't entirely true as cho had been too.
"What are we doing today" she asked, placing kisses along his jawline to his ear. He swallowed hard, and held back a groan that was begging to escape. He closed his eyes as he was focused on nothing except for her kisses.
"Cedric" she giggled.
"You can't except me to hear anything while you're going that" he laughed and she stopped and gazed at him smiling so much that her eyes glistened in the morning light.
"What are we doing today" he smiled and then sat up properly.

"Well tomorrow you are hanging out with Chris for a bit. Me and Grayson have something we need to do"

"Okay" I said and cho walked into the room and stopped in her steps.
"You're mother wants to see you both downstairs in 10 minutes" she said and then walked back out as quickly and as a quietly as she walked in.
"That was awkward" he chuckled. I got up from the now messy bed and got dressed and was out the door in 20 minutes.
"Okay we are going to use a port key. All you need to do is hold onto the boot and then I will help you with the landing okay?" I nodded. It was amazing how a object like a boot could transport you into a different place. He put his hand on it and so did I and when I opened my eyes a few seconds after Cedric was holding onto my hand tightly as we walked on air back onto the ground in front of my house.

"Wow that was great" I laughed. I looked at Cedric and he was smirking but not in the same disturbing way sky had a few days prior.
"You're house is huge" he said taking in all the details.
"I guess but it's too big. It doesn't feel like a home like yours does" he put his arm lazily around the girl and they knocked on the door. The door opens to a very happy Grayson as his grinning and his hand was shaking.

"What happened to Grayson?" I asked Chris and he shook his head
"You don't even want to know" we both walked into the house but was stopped once I was about to go up the stairs.
"You two should go now. Me and Cedric have to do our thing now and you guys are going to be late"
"Late to what?"
"You're going to a club! Yeah a club we have a car that will drive you there" Grayson said in a rushed tone with a mischievous glint in his eye.
"A....car?"
"Yes I know it's a muggle transport but you've never really been in one before that doesn't fly" Grayson said but then stopped
"You both need to get dressed!"
"You're acting so weird" chris said but none the less went to go get dressed. I followed him up the stairs then went into my bedroom and went to go chose a dress. I decided on a black one and then straightened my hair. I ran down the stairs trying not to trip. It wasn't as if I hadn't wore heels a lot because I had, it was just my clumsiness. By the end of the step Chris was there and before I tripped on the last step he caught my arm.
"Lets go"

*flashback to 10 years ago*

Young Athena laid trembling in the spare room she had been accommodated in for the summer. She was staying at Chris' home and so was Grayson and she had always been terrified of thunder. Since she was a little girl, thunder seemed to always frighten her to the point where she wouldn't sleep til it was over. Her little legs found their way into Chris room where he was slightly asleep, about to doze off.
"Chris...I'm scared"
"Of thunder?" He asked and I nodded slowly.
"Don't be afraid I won't let it hurt you" he said in a hushed tone but completely serious
"But you can't control it"
"I can control it sometimes look" he had been taught a small spell and was able to keep the noise of the thunder out of this room.
"Come on you have to go to sleep" he patted his bed beside him and I crawled in next to him
———————————————————
"Don't worry...I won't let anything bad happen to you Athena....I promise" younger Grayson kissed her small forehead and she giggled from his act