t h i r t y s i x

She was silent for a minute or so as Cedric anxiously paced around the room waiting for her to answer

She was silent for a minute or so as Cedric anxiously paced around the room waiting for her to answer. A million thoughts went through her head once he had told her what he was thinking.
"Please talk to me" he said kneeling in front of her. The truth is she didn't know what to say. She wanted to scream at him, to speak, to cry, to laugh all at the same time so she decided to stay silent. Until she saw the distress in cedrics eyes and decided enough was enough.
"I don't know what to say. I don't want to keep you from doing something you clearly feel strongly for but I don't want you to go. People have died Cedric doing this and I can't let you go. Not now, not ever" he had rambled on about wanting to enter the triwizard tournament and she was completely shocked. Actually, shocked would be an understatement, she was distraught.

"I want to prove that hufflepuff are not weak and that they are strong and besides they said themselves that nobody will get hurt too badly"
" I just....don't feel good about this"
"I know, I know. But please trust me on this. I will come back to you completely unharmed and the thought of you being so proud of me by the end of it will be enough for me to carry on" I sighed and I smirked weakly.
"Then you have to beat their ass Cedric otherwise I'll beat yours" I laughed. He leaped on top of me kissing various places on my face.
"I love you" he kept repeating every time he kissed me.
"Do you guys even care that we are in the same room as you" Grayson broke the silence that he and Chris had been in ever since they entered the room. They both sat their one with a disgusted look and one hiding his face with a pillow.
"I didn't even notice" I laughed at Chris' face as he looked so innocent and confused.
"Oh and if either of you two even think about entering this tournament than I swear to god I will kill you both. I'm already letting him off, I am not letting the two of you"
"Didn't want too anyway" Grayson said in a mimicking voice.
——————————————————
Older students are placed their names into the flame and others
are applauding, watching eagerly as most of them didn't have the guts to do it themselves. Cedric wanted me to be there when he did it so when I walked in with him I went and stood next to a few of his freinds. His hair was wet from the rain we had just walked through and he dropped some paper which was elegantly written in his handwriting, Cedric diggory. Everyone cheered him on and patted his back but he looked for one girls reaction and that girl had a huge smile on her face. He walked off with his friends but not before sending a wink my way. I sat down next to hermione as she was sitting reading the book I let her borrow about mystical creatures.
Viktor has walked into the room and it went silent. He put his name into the goblet and sent a smile to me and to Hermione also.
"Oooooo mione what was that!!" I said as faint blush appeared on her cheeks.
"Nothing" she almost whispered
————————————————
"Sit down please. And now the moment
you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" My heart raced but not for a good reason. I knew Cedric was going to be chosen as he was everything a champion was. Smart, strong, loyal, kind and overall perfect in everyone's eyes. Dumbledore approaches the blue flame and it glows red. A name comes out. Everyone looks on anxiously.
"The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor
Krum!" The Durmstrang crowd cheer. Another name comes out.
"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour" The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up and then another name comes out.
"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" My heart stopped for a second before I found myself clapping as I don't want him to feel unsupported by me. Hogwarts pupils cheer as Cedric takes the stage.
"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of
victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore exclaims and People cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads..
"Harry Potter. Harry Potter?" Oh. My. Gosh. He is so dead.
"Harry Potter!" He yelled again angrily.
Harry slowly walks up. Dumbledore gives him the paper. Voices
in the crowd shout out.
"He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen
yet!" Harry was led into a room with the other champions. He felt extremely awkward and in shock of what just happened. He wasn't even 17....
———————————————————
Cedric had to go to have a interview with Rita Skeeter. He and all the other champions had to do it so he felt obliged to. A woman appears in a puff of smoke. She's well groomed and dressed colorfully.
"What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" She greeted. She goes up to each one and shakes their hands.
"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily
prophet. But of course you know that
don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? what mysteries do the muscles mask? does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest. Lovely!" She drags Harry by the hand into a closet.

After a few minutes she then asks Cedric to come in next and he does reluctantly. He sat down opposite her and she began to ask her questions that she had prepared.
"Me and my many viewers want to know why did you enter such a dangerous competition? For the eternal glory? According to the students here you are quite the student. Prefect, quidditch player and have perfect grades and not to mention the looks"

"Of course I didn't do it for the eternal glory, I did it to prove that hufflepuff, which is one of our houses, are just as strong as the others, if not stronger. And also to make my parents and my girlfriend proud" he said a smile coming to his face as he thought about his living parents and girlfriend

"Yes we have heard all about you're girlfriend. We've heard her mother ran off with you know who when she was born. Don't you think you deserve someone better than that? Someone more with a better background let's say" she was really ticking Cedric off now as she spoke of Athena as if she was lower than her

"You're right Athena doesn't deserve me. She deserves better than me and her background does not affect the person she is now. And besides I thought these were questions about the tournament not my personal life" she fakely smiled and then got back on topic
——————————————————
"The first task....its dragons" Cedric said as he had just ran into my dorm room breathless.
"Wait what?!?" I sat down so I wouldn't need to steady myself. This was inane how could they let students go against dragons?
"Okay...every day leading up to the task you will meet me at the library after classes and we will figure out a strategy together" I said and got up to go comfort Cedric
"I don't know what I'd do without you"
"Probably get burnt by a dragon" I said as I put my hands at the back of his neck and he put his on my waist.
"How did you're interview go?" He didn't want to tell her that Rita bad basically told him that she wasn't good enough for himself so he decided to skip that part. He knew that she had the power to calm him down and that's why he ran here so that she could pull him back down onto the ground.
"It was fine, she was a bit pushy though but I guess a newspaper writer had to be"
"I guess so"
"Everyone was wearing badges that said potter stinks. I told them to take them off"
"I knew you would. I like how they were supporting you though but if you get hurt in you're first task I will not only kill you but I will kill anyone who ever suggested this tournament to dumbledore"
"I guess that's fair"