f o u r t e e n

"Oh come on you can't be that bad" i scoffed as I was talking to a distant cousin about how terrible her dancing was

"Oh come on you can't be that bad" i scoffed as I was talking to a distant cousin about how terrible her dancing was. To be honest I had never came across someone who could talk my ear off like my cousin could and that's what I needed at this moment.

"Oh you have no idea-" she started but my father interrupted her by grabbing my arm. She gave him a weirded out look but he ignored her by grabbing in tighter.

"Come on Athena. Oliver Wood is expecting a dance" why  is my father making Oliver go everywhere and anywhere with me? I followed him until Oliver came into view with his lean figure and awkward smile.

"Here my daughter wanted to dance with you" my father said before rushing away. Did he really just leave me in a situation like this... Oliver shrugged his shoulders and took out his hand which I hesitantly took when I caught sight of my fathers glare from across the room.

"I'm sorry about this. I don't know what's wrong with my father at the moment" I apologised looking over my shoulder at my father who now seemed distracted.

"I need to tell you something. It's urgent" he whispered the last part. I quickly checked around to try see my father but I couldn't see him anywhere.
I followed Oliver over to a corner and he cleared his throat as he began to speak.

"You're father is planning to ship you off to a different school far away from here and I knew that you didn't want to go so I argued against it but you're father wasn't having any of it. And I overheard my father and yours talking about an arranged marriage. So I called cedric and told him everything and he's got the weasly brothers to borrow there flying car. They are outside now you have to go before you're dad sees you" I was lost for words. My mouth just hung open resembling a goldfish but my mind was racing with too many emotions than I expected.

I quickly turned around and hugged him before rushing out of the doors and I saw a car at the driveway. The weasly twins were in the front and so I quickly sat in the backseat and they drive off as quickly as I got in.

"Thank you for doing this" I said as I didn't know how else to thank them
"It's not problem. Cedric owed us one and you're a family friend I guess" I nodded politely and waited til hogwarts came into view. I stayed silent the whole journey the rain outside resembling my mood.

I sighed in relief once we got to the ground.  I rushed out the car and ran towards hogwarts despite the twins behind me. Where is everyone? I heard talking and I knew it was in the great hall. I ran into the hall and everyone looked at me for a few seconds before Chris and Grayson got up knowing I wasn't supposed to be here for a few days. Then cedric got up much to Hufflepuffs and slytherins dismay and followed the pair

"What happened? Why are you here?" Chris asked straight away after they had left the hall. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked over my wet hair and soaked clothes.

"My father...he was going to ship me away to a different school I didn't know what to do...and my father was planning an arranged marriage between me and Oliver Wood-"

"Wait what?" Cedric interrupted. I nodded slowly as I finally had caught my breath from running so much. Cedric has a tendency to become protective at times because that was the only way he felt he could feel in control and in this moment he wasn't doing so good with the news I had just spilled out.

"I had to get out of there and here I am. I don't know what to do" I said running my fingers through my hair.
"I can't believe he'd do that. He's never been like that to you before. So forceful" Grayson muttered generally confused by the situation.

"You're staying the summer with Cedric right? You won't need to go back to see him if you don't want to. It's you're choice and whatever it'll be, know we will all stand by it" I nodded slowly and i sniffled which was expected from the cold weather.
"I'll take her to her room" Cedric said facing the other two males who nodded in agreement. Cedric scooped me up and the instant warm feeling I got was the best thing I could've asked for at this moment. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes, slowly falling asleep.

————————|||————————
"Athena?"
"Yes" me and Cedric were sitting on the balcony of my room again watching the stars. It was a pastime that most people would find awkward or boring but we were both content with the activity.

"I know this is a weird time to ask you this but I feel this is the best place to ask; will you be my girlfriend? Like officially, it's okay if you don't want to-" he started mumbling on slowly getting worried but I kissed his lips and he smiled into it.

"Of course i will" I whispered and he pulled me in closer kissing my forehand and intertwined our fingers. I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck and that's how we stayed all night in each other's arms.