s e v e n t e e n

"Wake up you lazy sloth!!" Grayson yelled in my ear

"Wake up you lazy sloth!!" Grayson yelled in my ear. Who was he calling sloth? I threw a pillow at him which had skimmed him but that still pleased me enough.
"I'm awake!" I said gesturing to my sleepy state and then I remembered what day it was and I literally sprung out of my bed.
"Oh my god it's Christmas!" I squealed like a 4 year old and jumped onto Chris who was standing closer to my bed. I had never celebrated Christmas as a child as most of the time my father couldn't be there for the holiday but it never made it feel less exciting.

"It is and if we don't hurry up we are going to miss our tradition" since we were kids me Grayson and Chris on the morning of Christmas, always sat down in front of a fireplace and write names down of people we were grateful for and throw them in a fire. Kinda like thanksgiving...

We all sat down all huddled together as the cold had definitely reached its peak in winter.
"Okay I'll go first" I scribble down the names of 5 people as that was our limit and they included; Grayson, Chris, Cedric, Draco and I even went as far as to write Oliver's name as he was the one who helped me out this year.

I threw them in the fire and I watched in admiration as they engulfed into flames.
"Okay you're turn!" After we all completed our tradition I ran and laid on my bed while the pair of slytherins sat on the end of it.
"Okay Grayson you open you're presents first" I said smiling like the Cheshire Cat because I couldn't help but let in the rush that Christmas gave me.
He opened the one me and Chris had both combined presents for and when he noticed the shape he got all giddy and his mouth was in a constant grin. 

He opened it to the latest broomstick out and he quickly leapt onto us, tackling us into a hug. He opened other things such as a new quill, dress robes, clothes and a ungodly amount of sweets. Next up was Chris as I insisted he go first, he opened a present of new dress robes from Grayson as he was always complaining about the ones he had at the moment.
I passed him my neatly wrapped present and he opened it slowly. Once he had unwrapped it he was met with a book about mythical creatures since he loved learning about them and had always been interested in buying one himself. He and also got other things from his family and freinds.
Lastly, I picked up a random present and read the label
"That's from me" Chris quickly said as he couldn't contain his excitement for the day. I opened it and it was a black velvet box. I opened it hoping it wasn't too expensive and I was met with a necklace with a green emerald in the middle of it.
"It's beautiful" I gasped. I moved my hair out the way and he helped me out it on and I looked at it in the mirror and my mouth was still in a 'o' shape.
"Thank you Chris-"
"Okay okay my turn!" Grayson grew impatient and passed me his gift
"How much sugar have you ate today?" I asked Grayson and he dodged the question by shrugging his shoulders.
I looked down at the unwrapped present and was met with a blue dress that was a casual dress but still quite out there.
"Go try it on!" They encouraged me and I ran out the room and quickly went to get dressed. I put my hair in a half up half down with a blue hair ribbon. I walked out and twirled and they had big smiles on their faces
"You look beautiful"
"Thank you guys" I opened my arms and they both jumped off the bed and I hugged them both as hard as it was.
"Now Cedric is waiting outside in the courtyard for you and I suggest you hurry up as it is snowing" I nodded and kissed both of their cheeks before running out the doors and into the courtyard. I slowly walked out into the snow and I felt the cold breeze against my bare arms. Why did I not wear something on top?
I looked around at the snow until my attention was drawn to Cedric who was standing there for god knows how long.
"Cedric!" I laughed and ran into his arms.
"You look so beautiful right now" he said kissing my collarbone.
"Thank you" I blushed and the coldness of the air enhanced the already red colour of my cheeks.
"You must be freezing. wait a second" he picked up a blanket that he had brought with him just in case and wrapped it round me and started walking with one of his arms around me shoulders keeping me warm until we walked into the building once more

"Now I've got to give you you're present and as I've already opened mine, I thought we could go to the astronomy tower to open it?" I nodded in agreement and we rushed over there quickly to avoid the heavy snow.
Once we got there he both sat down on a few pillows and he passed me a present that was wrapped in red paper.

I tried to neatly open the present until I got too impatient at the end and opened it quicker. It was a red velvet box, similar feel as Chris' one from earlier today. It was smaller and fitted perfectly in my palm. I opened it slowly bracing myself for the gift and in there was two rings. One was gold and one was silver. I observed them more closely as one was gold and had the engravings A.R on the inside and was just a simple loop but the silver one and C.D on the inside and had a little yellow gem in the middle.
"We are way too young to know about forever but I know that I want my future with you in it Athena. This ring is a promise. A promise to always love each other. A promise to always be there and a promise to not break each other's hearts. Because you are so important to me that it's empowering all of my senses and my mind is never on anything that isn't you. I love you Athena rose." he finished and my rosy cheeks became more hot and red. I picked up the rings and placed the gold one on his finger and then the silver one one mine and said:
"I love you too Cedric"