f i v e

"Dumbledore I need you're help!" Cedric ran into the headmasters office as quickly as he could with a fear stroken expression on his face

"What's wrong? And why do you look so-" he started looking the younger boy up and down as if analysing him.
"There's no time. Sirius black has took Athena! He took her away from me and I couldn't save her! She could be dead by now!" He said cutting himself off by a gasp and he put his back to the wall and slid down it, the panic that was building up, overtaking his body.
"We'll find her Cedric. I promise you that. But you have to tell me exactly what happened" he went down to Cedric level as he ran fingers through his taffy hair, biting his lip anxiously.

"I-I um..she came running towards me and I saw Sirius behind her..." Cedric told Dumbledore everything that had happened, not missing a single detail and Professor snape went to go tell Grayson and Chris what was going on as they knew they needed to know.

"Diggory you need to calm down we will get her back safely" Cedric deeply inhaled but it didn't really help. He just nodded and rose up to his feet
"Can we please go find her quick" Dumbledore nodded and two boys rushed into the room almost knocking a teacher out with the pressure of the door they pushed.
"Where is she? What happened? Is she hurt?" Was the first thing Grayson said to Dumbledore, a pained look in his eyes. He had promised when they were little kids that he would always protect her. She was innocent in all this, and he refused to let anything bad happen to her. He wouldn't let it. He would've teared the world apart of her happiness faltered for a second and yet she wasn't here. He had failed any he knew Chris felt the same way as he had on a similar expression.
—————————|||—————————
My feet were numb from the cold weather that was decreasing in temperature every second I was here. I had realised that I was in the shack that nobody would ever think of entering as it was said to be haunted. My fingers ached in the winter wind as I clenched and unclenched them, trying to keep the feeling in my tips. The frigid air has a way of keeping us in the moment, wicking away body heat faster than it is replaced. It's one of those days when normal clothes aren't enough, when they feel thinner than they are.

The door suddenly swung open and there stood a woman who looked no older than 35. Her brown hair cascading down her shoulders, a smile on her face. Usually a smile would be comforting but the way the corner of her lips twitched and the mischievous glint in her eyes shone, made me shiver at the thought of the character.

"My darling Athena I knew I would find you here" I recognised that voice from somewhere, and the deja vu hit me like a truck, memories flashing through my brain.
"Mom?" I stuttered as I was lost for words, my hands shaking out of my control.
"The one and only. Now I need to do something and I'll be on my jolly way-" she started as if I was a mere acquaintance.
"How could you" I spat out which made her expression go sour as she knew it wasn't going to be as easy as she thought dealing with her only daughter.

"How could you leave me and dad like that and show up here like nothing happened? What have I done wrong?" She scoffed and pulled her wand out gracefully and dragged her finger across it gently.
"You're the one who ruined me and you're fathers marriage and besides he was a weak man anyway. I like the one I have now much better"
no matter how  much love and support I get, I still yearned for a mother. Because in the end a mother carried me, protecting me for 9 months and she was supposed to take care of me which obviously is not what I ended up with.
"Voldemort"
"Bingo" she cackled. This is not what I had imagined our first meeting was going to be like in a million years yet I wasn't surprised. She had left us and I didn't particularly care that much but them many times that I wished I had a mother to do my hair. To celebrate my birthday. To watch my first steps. I had my father which I am so grateful for but sometimes he couldn't fulfil both parenting roles.
"I'm not scared of you" I mumbled angrily but still came out shaky as I was cold.
"I know you're not. But you should be. I can take you're life just like...this!" She snapped her fingers in my face and i growled in disgust.
"Do it then. It's better than doing it later when I have more potential. If you're as bad as you want to come across than you'd do it without any remorse. DO IT" I yelled the last part as I was getting more frustrated with the person who I barely recognised in front of me.
"Don't tempt me" she growled back
"Now I came to give you a...welcome back present almost" she pulled out her wand and before she said any spells she looked at me.
"I didn't finish the link I did when you were young" she smirked "I missed out the bad part" she grinned and I gritted my teeth tighter. She muttered a few words and then I felt no different
"What did you do to me?" I said as i didn't feel anything new. She pointed at her back indicating that something was on my wrist.
"What the hell?" I growled and she laughed once more
"One day Athena one day, the darkness inside you will consume you so much that you will grow into one of us . Dark power and devil like qualities so you look much like I do. You'll be in you're true form because deep down you've always had that darkness inside of you and it will punish you for keeping it down for so long. I'll see you soon Athena, expect to see me soon" she finished and disappeared into a pile of smoke, leaving me in coughing fits.