t h i r t y t w o

"Do you think this has to do with our birthday being tomorrow?" Chris asked his leg occasionally twitching from the small space of the car

"I don't know. I don't think Cedric knows my birthday because I don't usually tell anyone" We were both sat in the back of a car which was driving for what was 2 minutes. It was raining heavily which was odd for summer but the driver didn't seem to care about the weather as he continued driving. I couldn't see anything out of the front of the car because it was all blurry.

"I think we should pull over" Chris said
The driver seemed to ignore Chris and the car starting sliding side to side every few seconds. The car felt like it was on ice as it felt uncertain if the car was going to carry on its path.

"Chris I don't like this" I mumbled as my heart was racing. One thing I knew for sure was that I was never using this type of transport again. My hand gripped the edges of me seat as tight as I could manage and my mind wandered as to why the driver wasn't moving at all.

"Pull over" he half shouted but it was too late. The car had swerved and as they were near a forest the car rolled hitting a few trees before flipping upside down.
Cedric had seen this as a vision and quickly looked at Grayson before breaking out into a sprint, his eyes holding such emotion that Grayson immediately ran after him.

He had not gotten there in time as he saw the car swerve but that didn't stop him. In the vision he saw blood, glass and screams and that was enough to make his heart beat out his chest. He saw the driver had disappeared but Chris head had hit the window next to him and Athena on the other hand had her seatbelt broke and had been pushed forward into the front window. Her face now was pale and blood was coming out of her nose and head.

"Cedric!" She managed to muster out hoping he had found her. It took Cedric a matter of seconds to get to the car because he knew he had to do whatever it takes to save her. To make matters worse the car had flipped over while getting hit and now both of them were bloodied and injured.
The ambulances had already came magically but Cedric quickly ripped the door open. His hands shakily tried to make use to help but he didn't know how to help. He felt a pain in his chest because he felt so helpless that he couldn't help make the pain go away.

"Athena?" He asked his voice cracking seeing the sight of her. He stumbled back a few steps as he felt nauseous .
"Cedric" she whispered as she had thought that was of for her. Grayson had also came running and had called the ambulance over.
"Athena n-no" he stuttered and he shook his head and one of the medics held him back from trying to reach her.

"Stand back sir were going to keep her safe" he said but that didn't really effect Cedric as he still thrashed around trying to escape his grip. He needed to get to her, she needed to be alright.

She had been retrieved and put onto a stretcher of some sort and he watched as her body that was covered in blood and some shattered glass was pulled away. He then watched Chris who was in similar condition and was then finally able to go to them.

"Sir I suggest you get to the hospital with the cop car there" he pointed out to a car but Cedric hesitantly jogged towards it wanting to get there as soon as possible. The car drive fast but to Cedric it felt like time was slow and he could hear his heartbeat in his ears overcoming every other noise. The car had gotten to a muggle hospital in a few minutes and when the car pulled to a halt, he leaped out of it and picked his pace as he ran into it. He saw Grayson with his face in his hands. He knew that he was probably feeling worse than Cedric was right now as he cared of both of them. He took a seat next to him and they sat in silence for half an hour waiting to be told they could go in. The nurse came up to us both and we rose from our seats quickly eager to hear any news.

"They can both be seen now" It didn't take him long to walk past the nurse and go into the room that she laid in.
Seeing her hurt and in pain made him stumble back a bit but when he regained his balance he was by her side.
"it hurts" she whimpered out and he held her hand tightly and felt a warm sensation in his hands. The pain that she has felt was gone and Cedric was the reason why. He had managed to take her pain away and give it to himself. He winced slightly but covered it up as she was his main priority right now. She had a bruise on her cheekbone and some small cuts scattered around her face. He had realised that Grayson had entered the room but he didn't hear anything that they said. He focused on his girlfriend and her soft heartbeat. He could hear it perfectly and he tuned out everything else in the room just to listen to it.