f o u r t y o n e

I twirled in front of the mirror to see if I liked the dress as much as I did a few weeks ago when I had tried it on last

I twirled in front of the mirror to see if I liked the dress as much as I did a few weeks ago when I had tried it on last. It was a light pink dress and I wasn't entirely sure if I felt comfortable in it. It felt soft on my skin and hugged my figure in the right places it was just that I had never worn something so elegant before. I loved the dress at first because of the feel of it but now I feel slightly out of place. I ignored all the insecurities trying to reach to my head and walked into the common room where Grayson and Chris were waiting.
"Does it look okay" I spun around to show them every detail and they stood still for a second
"You look beautiful Athena" Chris said hugging me tightly
"Grayson?" I said his name and he quick regained his posture and hugged me too
"Come on we don't want to be late for another date"
"We are fashionably late Grayson don't forget that"
————————————————

I was at the top of the stairs with Grayson and Chris and I had stopped for a second to take in the beautiful scene in front of me. I had always loved balls and how elegant they seemed even though I didn't exactly feel comfortable actually being at one. Grayson tugged at my arm as they had both linked arms with me. We walked down the stairs slowly and I took in every single detail about the decoration and then I saw Cedric. He had a suit on and it took my breath away and when he saw me he slowly made his way to the end of the stairs. The two boys on my arms nodded at me before leaving and I was left with Cedric.
"You look...so beautiful" he said taking his time as he stared at the girl in front of him. He linked arms with me and then walked towards Harry Potter and his partner who I had no recognition of.
They talked for a bit before the competitors had to have the first dance. Cedric pulled me along to the middle and I got nervous
"Cedric I've never danced this kind of dance before I don't know what to do-"  he put his hands on my waist and lifted me up lightly and placed me on something uneven. I looked down and I was standing on his feet. That simple gesture sent butterfly's everywhere in my body and it wasn't going anywhere. We stared lovingly into each other's eyes while dancing never breaking contact. We had danced for almost an hour so we took a seat to rest a little.
One of the other competitors sat on the table and talked with Cedric. So I sat there listening as I had nothing else to do.
"Can I borrow you're date for a second?" Grayson asked Cedric and he nodded. I followed Grayson and he pulled me in to dance.
"Looks like you and lover boy are a married couple already"
"Very funny gray" I scoffed and he smiled cheekily. Neither Grayson or Chris and shown up with a date but that didn't bother them at all. They were more interested in the free food to care. And Scott didn't even turn up.
"Are you okay? With you're mom and all that's happening?" He said catching me off guard
"It startled me a bit but I know that If she wanted to hurt me in any way she would've done it by now" he nodded and then let you go
"Go on then I know you're itching to get back to Diggory" he said and I kissed his cheek before sitting back down again.
"What do you say if we get out of here?" Cedric whispered in my ear. I hummed in response and he took my hand and guided me up the stairs.
"Cedric diggory the prefect sneaking out of his own ball with a slytherin! Who would've known" I joked and he chuckled
"You're making me seem like the bad guy here if you didn't wear such a revealing dress than maybe we wouldn't in this situation" he said kissed the ring on my finger as he led me up more stairs
"How many stairs do we have to go up?" I asked as the dancing had left my legs achy. He stopped in his path and I tilted my head to the side. This couldn't be it there was only stairs- before I could think of an excuse Cedric had swiftly picked me up from my legs and put my on his shoulder.
"Cedric" I burst out into giggles and he couldn't help the grin that was spreading on his face
"You said you're legs ache so I can't let you walk anymore" I smiled and thankfully after 3 or so minutes we were on the roof of hogwarts.
"Are we-"
"On the roof? Yes" he answered my question
"Well well more of a bad boy than we thought" I laughed laying down and he followed my actions laying down next to me. We faced the sky so we could see the stars.
"Wow have you been here before?" I asked him
"A few times it's become a hiding spot for me" he said and faces me
"It's beautiful" I said turning my head to the side to face him. At the beginning when I started to have feelings I felt so scared. Another thing was that there was no book, no lecture, nothing to tell me how to deal with those feelings. So that's why I ran away when he first kissed me.
"Cedric?"
"Yes?"
"Can we make a promise?"
"Depends on what it is" he said turning his head to face me as well "the only promise we have is on you're finger" he said talking about to ring. I smiled glancing at it
"A promise to always come back to each other" he looked deeply into my eyes and then smiled
"I promise" he said bringing out his pinky finger. I linked his finger with mine and it  meant more than just a gesture as it was a promise. A promise that would not go unbroken.
For the rest of the night we watched the stars or danced in silence but I have never felt so content and comfortable with someone in my life