t e n

I soared past the slytherin seating area as the griffindors eyes were too fixated on their own house team

I soared past the slytherin seating area as the griffindors eyes were too fixated on their own house team. Grayson walked to the middle and shook Oliver woods hand
"You're going to lose Grayson" he said cockily
"What like you've lost every match against us for the past what 5 years?" I said smirking and he rolled his eyes. I got on my broom and hovered in the air ready to play. Immediately when the ball leaped into the air I sped to get and and once I had caught it successfully I dodged past Oliver who wasn't even supposed to be in this section and scored.

The adrenaline floods my system like it's on an intravenous drip - right into my blood at full pelt. I think my heart will explode and my eyes are wide, letting in every ounce of the energy i was receiving from the crowd.

"And there she goes Athena rose has scored 10 points for slytherin!" The young male who counted the points spoke into the microphone for all to hear. I smirked at Oliver's annoyed expression but then turned around ready to defend.
Oliver's distaste to my quidditch skills only fuelled my determination to beat them.
A newer griffindor keeper had caught the ball so I pushed my broom towards him and simply took it out of his hands while he shook his eyes nervously glancing around the crowd.

"Thanks" I said sarcastically as he nearly bumped into the hoop itself. He has been so distracted I literally had got given the ball. I threw the ball over to Chris and he threw it into the hoop earning us more glory.

"And another 10 points for slytherin!! Come on griffindor are you half asleep or something?" His voice echoed and I was about to go after the ball again until something had hit me like a spell that sent tingle everywhere in my body.

I opened my eyes in shock, and I was falling. My perception of time distorted, everything slowed down until there was nothing, only me and the sky above, the sky that seemed to swallow her whole.

"Athena!" Grayson shouted and sped with his broom and caught me before I had collided with the ground. That's when she made her grand entrance.

My 'mother' walked onto the pitch with her wand at the ready as she was prepared to attack. She stood in a defensive position, her mouth curled into a scowl. I wasn't scared of her I knew that, but scared of what she could to to the people that I love.

"STOP THE MATCH!" lee shouted and everyone's attention was on the scene below. Dumbledore stood up but he saw Cedric running in the direction and he knew he wasn't needed.
He had sawn firsthand the length those three boys would take to keep her safe but he clasped his wand in his hand for safety.
Grayson covered Athena by placing her on his lap as he faced the other way but when she was about to shoot another spell Draco and Harry has came down with their own wands at the ready. Harry did care for the girl slightly otherwise he wouldn't be doing this, but not as much as Draco did. They had set aside their differences just for this moment and they made them both uncomfortable mentally.

"You think you can stop me?" she laughed but it was short lived as she turned around and there stood Cedric and Chris glaring daggers at her. She didn't let her growing worry show instead she simply dropped her expression.

"get away from her" Chris growled and she looked between them all. And what surprised everyone the most was Oliver Wood stood with them and let out a growl which didn't seem threatening but they accepted it anyway.

"Leave now" athenas mother glanced between them all and with a swift movement and a few words she had casted a spell no one recognised but instantly knew it wasn't good judging by her facade.

"What the hell" Draco showed his hand and it has a dark x on it near his thumb. They all looked at their own hands and they had the same 'x' that almost looked like a tattoo, inky and dark.

"You've all been marked by me, you're either against me or with me and I clearly know which side you're on" she said before disappearing. The girl they were all defending woke up by taking a deep breath like she has been drowning before.
"What happened why am I on the field?" She looked confused and backed away from the group her lip trembling slightly.
"You fell of you're broom"
"I...I fell of my...."
"It's okay I got you" Cedric reassured coming closer but she quickly cowered  away as if he was a stranger.
"Who are you?" She asked her voice shaky. Cedrics face dropped once he heard those words and as did his heart.
————————|||————————
"Well you need to get them back, I am not sitting here knowing that she doesn't even think I have any connection to her at all!" Cedric shouted at the nurse getting more frustrated by the minute but all the anger dispersed from his body as he noticed Athena had heard everything and now was sitting up.

"You're awake. I need to ask you a few questions to see how far back you're memories now go" the nurse walked past Cedric
"Where's Grayson and Chris. I need to see them now why don't I remember anything I...." His head snapped up once he heard her voice.

"Alright you need to drink this hopefully it will get most of you're memories back or the ones that were stolen" She picked up the cup and swallowed the contents as quickly as she could because of the disgusting taste it gave off. But after the liquid had went down her throat she coughed and blood treacled down her nose.

"What is going on- Cedric Why am I here. I thought I was...oh my god what is that on you're hand?"
"I thought you had forgotten me forever Athena you need to stop doing this to me"
"Doing what?"
"Getting in danger you have no idea how big of an effect it has on me. The constant need to know if you're okay" he said and I smiled weakly, my hand resting on his shoulder as an attempt to calm him down.
"I'll try my best not to but what is that mark?"
"You're mother casted it on us: me, Grayson, Chris, Harry, Draco and Oliver-" it felt like one of those moments that surprised me so much that I would rewind it on tv but this was real life so instead I let my mouth drop open.

"Oliver Wood?" I asked and he nodded
"Well I owe him big time but you didn't need to do that for me. You all could've got killed"
"It was worth it to know you'd be safe"
"I can't have you risking you're life like that cedric it's not fair, you deserve so much-"
"Screw what I deserve. I want to protect you, to be with you"