f o u r t y n i n e

I ran to Grayson's dorm and saw that Chris was attempting to comfort him by patting his back and telling him how it would get better. I took a different approach as I quickly ran to him and I hugged him so tight that I wasn't sure if I was suffocating him. He was crying into my neck and I moved my hand indicating Chris to join in. He did as he hugged us both, bringing us all closer.

He sobbed into my chest unceasingly, hands clutching at my jacket. I held him in silence, rocking him slowly as his tears soaked my chest. A tiny lapse let him pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before he collapsed again, his howls of misery worsening. The pain must have come in waves, minutes of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths, before hurling him back into the outstretched arms of his grief.
None of us spoke for a few minutes until Grayson was sniffling instead of crying.
"It's going to be okay Grayson I promise" I said cupping his face in my hands and wiping away the tears.
"Now me and Chris are going to make you feel better aren't we Chris?" He nodded quickly
"Wait right here I will be back" Chris said and quickly ran out of the room. Grayson laid on his bed and got under the covers as did I next to him.
"You do know Grayson that you are literally the strongest person I've ever met. Don't forget that" he weakly smiled and I kissed his cheek.
"Alright so I brought you're favourite movies and I also brought lots of those sweets you like...Uhm they are called gummy bears? That's such a odd name" Chris said. He sat next to Grayson and we turned on the tv that Grayson has received for Christmas and spent the night watching movies til the late hours. Grayson's bed was luckily huge so when I fell asleep resting on Grayson's shoulder, he didn't seem to mind at all. He was just worried of how others were going to treat him now
—————————————————
"You'll be fine, i won't leave you're side the whole time I promise" I said as Grayson put on his uniform. He had been excused to miss school for the past 3 days but he felt it was long enough and wanted to go back even though me and Chris weren't for the idea. I sighed as I ran my fingers through his hair and then smiled
"Done" he nodded as a thank you and Chris joined us as he left the bathroom all ready to go.
"Come on" Chris opens the door and once we walked out we were met with three students. Four students that we had all come to trust.
"So we know that this is you're first day back" Draco started
"And we thought that we'd come with you because freinds always stick together" Cedric said smiling at his freind
"And they support each other" Scott stood there and to be completely honest he felt terrible for Grayson and he knew that he wanted to regain his trust once again.
"And we are here for you Grayson" grace said. She wasn't that close with Grayson but she knew he needed all the support he could get.
"Now you guys are going to make me cry" Grayson laughed.
"Aww group hug!!!" Grayson shouted. Even though Grayson was upset at that moment his childish behaviour still found its way back in. We all obliged as we wanted to give him whatever we could on this specific day.
This scene would look really odd if you walked past. Slytherins and Hufflepuffs were an odd combination. But if you had sawn the friendships they had all formed then it would all make sense.
"Am I late!!!" Simon ran earning an eye roll from Cedric. Simon has come since he was Grayson's freind as they say together in astronomy and he instantly wanted to help once he heard what was going on
"Of course you are dummy. You're always late" Grayson said
"But seriously, thank you guys this means a lot" we all stood there smiling at Grayson until he felt somewhat uncomfortable and started chuckling
"Okay let's go you guys are all looking at me weirdly" he said and they all followed each other. We stopped abruptly as cho spotted them and sprinted away from their eyes.
"What did you do to her?" Grayson asked me and I looked at the ground with a smile on my face
"Athena...."
"Huh? Oh...I might've said a few things but don't worry she won't be bothering ever again I can assure you of that. And the Weasley twins have agreed to pull a prank on her. Expect a whole day tomorrow of her telling the truth and maybe I should throw some green hair in there too..."
"Not again" Cedric laughed as he and Grayson has already suffered from the change of hair colour before.
All the way to the doors and we opened them and strutted in like we didn't give a shit about what anyone else was saying or even thinking. We ignored the stares and the amazed looks of the other students and we all sat down at the end of the slytherin table. Sometimes students from other houses did sit with another house but only one student at a time so it wouldn't draw that much attention. Yet there they sat 4 slytherins, 3 hufflepuff and a beubaxton student. For the whole time we laughed and joked like we always did but we were having a good time not thinking about everyone else like we were in our own mini world. I knew the people sitting with me today were the people that i loved the most on this world and these were the people I was going to live my life with til the very end.
——————————————————
"3 days til the third task and I think you've learnt every defends spell I know" i said in utter shock. I had noticed that Cedric has been studying extra but not this much.
"Okay that's good we're doing good on time and now if we lead a few more-"
"Cedric you need to relax. We've learnt every spell there is for defence and even one of the forbidden curses just in case you're in extreme danger. Come on it's my turn to go take care of you" his shoulders visually relaxed and he nodded
"Okay" he was extremely tired and anyone could see that. The way he walked, his pace slow, the time it took him to notice things was a lot slower so I decided that he was going to go to sleep. And I wasn't taking no for an answer. I opened the door to my dorm and his dorm room was shared with two others. He entered the room and jumped onto the bed.
"You're going to go to sleep ced" I said as if i was forcing him to which I kinda was...
"Can you stay?" He said and I nodded
"Of course" I got under my bed covers that were still warm from this morning. I turned to face him and i kissed his forehead.
"I'll wake you up in the morning you need all the sleep you can get" he smiled weakly as his eyes tried not to shut. I turned around to make it easier for him to sleep. If i had a constant stare on me then I knew I wouldn't fall asleep so I thought Cedric would benefit in me turning around. His hands placed themselves on my waist bringing me closer to him as he rested his head on my shoulder. Ten minutes has passed and I could hear his light snores. He had a death grip on me as he usually did when he was asleep.
The other day I had written letters. A letter to each of my friends in and out of school. With all that's going on and the danger that I've been in, I decided to write letters to everyone just in case something happened to me. I couldn't leave the world knowing that I left nothing for them. There was at least 10 letters as I even had included Hermione and Harry. They weren't the closest to me but Hermione was my first real friend that was a girl. Grace is my cousin so I technically wasn't allowed to count that. Harry has helped defend me when my mother first attacked and I was grateful even though he had hurt me once. I just hope that Cedric and Harry and evening viktor come back from the third task unscathed. I knew If anyone was going to win it was going to be someone from hogwarts.