f o u r

I was trailing up one of the stairs with Chris and Grayson when we spotted a huge crowd at the top of the stairs

I was trailing up one of the stairs with Chris and Grayson when we spotted a huge crowd at the top of the stairs. We rushed up the stairs to see what the commotion was about and there was one of the painting but with a scratch mark through it. Wait isn't this griffindors-
"Mr filch, round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the fat lady" a scream echoed through the building sending the crowd to where they believed it came from.
"There'll be no need for ghosts Professor..." he pointed at the fat lady now hiding in another picture, her face fear stroked.
"Dear lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked in a calming voice.
"Eyes like the devil he's got. And a soul as dark as his name. It was him, headmaster. The one they talk about. He's here. Somewhere in the castle, Sirius black." She stumbled on her words but we all understood her. My heart raced but not as much as the students around me. Grayson quickly put a hand on my wait as if securing me there and my hands where shaking slightly from the news.
"Secure the castle, mr filch. The rest of you...to the great hall" I followed the students towards the great hall as they whispered and some even cried. There was beds ready in the hall and professor McGonagall quickly guided you towards a corner where the schools prefects where. Chris was guided there too but Grayson kept arguing with Professor so he could stay with us.
"I'm not moving til I get to sleep here" he argued, he was trying every excuse in the book because he knew full well he wasn't going to simply leave his bestfriends side when there's a murderer on the loose.
"Why are you so hell bent on sleeping here?" she sighed, rubbing her temples from his constant complaint.
"Because I need to protect Athena, Professor you don't understand! Her and Chris are my best-friends please!" He said and she sighed in annoyance and muttered a 'fine'
"YES" he shouted but shortly after a 'sorry!" As some of the students glanced at him weirdly. He laid down next to Chris as Cedric was beside me and Chris knew he could trust Cedric.
"Goodnight Athena" Cedric whispered into the darkness. I reached for his hand and intertwined our fingers and he squeezed it lightly. It gave me reassurance in the dark that I was holding onto to something real.
—————————|||——————————
Morning came quickly as the light peeked out of the windows shining in my eyes. Everyone left the great hall but not before me and Cedric had to pack away all the beds as one of our new found prefect duties. We quickly started packing up but I heard a crash outside the door so I quickly froze and looked that direction.
"I'll be back" I muttered to Cedric. I looked outside of the hall and saw Professor lupin with....that can't be...?Is that..they both turned to look at me and I bolted back into the room me and Cedric were in. Lupin was with Sirius black!?! Sirius burst into the room and Cedric was quick to take his wand out of his pocket but I wasn't so quick. He muttered a few words I couldn't make out before aiming it at me and Cedric. We both fell to the floor but were still facing each other. He looked at me with a fear in his eyes that I had never seen before.
"Athena.." he grunted trying to reach out for me before we both finally closed our eyes, letting the darkness take over...
—————————|||—————————
"Cedric?" Was the first name I called out when I opened my eyes but instead there stood Sirius black and no Cedric to be seen.
"You're boyfriend is not here. You know too much and I'm sorry but you would've jeopardised the plan. He's at hogwarts and you're going to have to stay put until I've carried out my plan"
"Why should I? You're going to kill people and I can't let that happen" I growled which didn't come out as threatening as I would have liked.
"You're the one lupin told me about. You have no fears not even the dark lord himself" he mumbled looking me over as if I was a caged animal at the zoo.
"Why should I be scared of him if he's too much of a coward to actually to the work himself" he chuckled but none the less got up and put the cloth back on my mouth, muffling any words that tried to come out.
"I'll see you in a few months or not" he grinned before leaving. I let out a scream through the cloth on my mouth trying to make any attention drawn here.