t w e n t y t h r e e

3 weeks

3 weeks. The longest time Athena and Grayson hadn't spoke and it was how long since she had spoke to Cedric too.
She had sat in the library for most of her spare time and Chris had came with her often but sometimes...well most of the times he had detentions he had to attend.
"Athena? I heard what happened" Draco day next to the girl on a table near the corner.
"It's just so tiring. I don't know what to do Draco. I don't know how to fix this" she said laying her head on his shoulder as he put his arm round her
"Just explain why you did it. Surely-"
"It's was a love potion"
"A...what?"
"Sky in our year. He gave me a live potion and Cedric saw me kiss him and he won't talk to me so I can't explain. I love him so much Draco and I don't see how we can get through this without him talking to me"
"I've got an idea" he got up quickly and ran off.
"Draco!" She called out confused as he didn't tell her what his plan was. He completely ignored the calls and ran off out the doors. He ran all the way to Cedric as he thought he would talk to him as he would hopefully listen to him.
"Diggory wait up!" He called and all of cedrics Friends gave him a odd look and some even angered but Cedric muttered a 'ill be back' and walked up to the boy.
"What do you want Malfoy?" They both had always called each other by their surnames as they didn't feel acquainted enough to call each other by their first.
"We need to talk and I think you know what it's about" Cedric looked to the ground as if trying to avoid eye contact at all costs.
"I don't want to hear-" he started but Draco knew what he was going to say before he even opened his mouth
"It was sky. Sky gave her a love potion and she thought it was just a drink for a nice gesture but then you walked in on them kissing and that wasn't her at all" he said quickly so he wouldn't be interrupted
"He what....oh my god" he ran his fingers through his hair and his eyes widened
"I'm an idiot"
"Yes you are" Draco agreed and he sent a short lived glare before running off and then stopped at the door before running back.
"Where is-"
"Library" he nodded and once more turned on his heels and ran. Cedric has noticed that he hadn't sawn her all week and she was never at any meals but whenever the worry took over, he'd think of her and sky kissing and anger made its way back in. She sat on one of the Bleacher like benches that you would watch quidditch on and once he found her he stood next to the bench but as it was about 6 foot taller than he was, he looked up and shouted her name
"Athena!"
"Cedric?" She looked down and her eyes were red as if she had been crying.
"I'm so sorry" he shouted up. Cold air come out of his mouth every time he spoke as the weather was below freezing.
"I don't blame you for doing it cedric. If I were you I would've broke up with me a long time ago"
"Why would you say that Athena? I love you. And no person or thing you can do will ever change that. Now you need to get down because otherwise you might-" and as if it was scheduled she slipped on a pencil on the seat and fell from the 12 foot bleacher. It took a few seconds of Cedric panicking before he got in position and she fell right into his arms.
"Thank you" she said breathlessly and instead of speaking he spoke through actions and kissed her knocking the breath out of her.
"Wow I missed that" he chuckled and brought her into his arms swaying form side to side slowly.
"Come on I want to dance with you" She hummed in response and they slow danced in the pouring rain

After a few more minutes of dancing in the rain they parted as the rain had soaked their hair.
"We better go inside before one of us catches a cold" they held hands as they walked into the great hall, hair soaked and grins on their faces. The students all saw them and looked with awe, some with smiles on their faces and even some jealous students. Even some of the teachers and found it quite the gesture.