f o u r t y f o u r

The days til the second task were becoming closer and closer and we still didn't have a clue what the screeching meant

The days til the second task were becoming closer and closer and we still didn't have a clue what the screeching meant. Not until I was awoken at 12 at night by Cedric who was completely awake and alert.
"Cedric?" He didn't want to wake her up and that's why he had sat in the room for ten minutes prior watching her sleep.
"Professor moody gave me a clue. He said open it underwater and the prefects bathroom is perfect for that!"
I sat up properly on my bed and nodded. I reached my hands out and he picked me up and put me down onto the floor. I grabbed my watch to check the time and he took my hand and lead the way to the prefects bathroom.

"I didn't know this existed" I said scanning the room. It was magnificent, the bath, was the size of a pool. It had bubbles shrouding nearly the whole surface area of the water. He twirled his finger around and I cocked my head to the side until I understood what he meant and I turned around to face the wall.

"You can turn around now" he said. I spun on my heels but stumbled back a bit once I had sawn cedric's attire at that moment.
"You've got to tell me you're secrets ced how do you always look so perfect" I said putting my hand on his chest and kissing the corner of his mouth. And I wasn't lying, it seemed without a doubt that Cedric's body was also sculpted by the gods.

"Well I didn't bring any swimsuit so I guess it's you're turn to turn around" most people would think aren't you insecure about standing in you're underwear in front of a boy like Cedric? My answer to them would be no. I never felt uncomfortable with Cedric even if we were in the most awkward situations. I took my hair down from its ponytail and then cupped my hands and grabbed some bubbles from the bath. I tapped cedrics shoulder trying my best to contain my giggles and when he turned around I blew them in his face. He nearly tripped over his own feet trying to get rid of the bubbles from his face. He was laughing as when some bubbles landed on my face too. Once our laughter died down it felt as if we were more aware of the situation as Cedrics eyes wandered onto my body.
I shuddered as the cold of the bathroom had got to me and that's when Cedric broke contact and smiled cheekily.
"How did I get so lucky?" He said kissing me with such strength it knocked the breath out of my lungs. My hand found its way to his hair and I ran my fingers through it until finally placing them behind his neck.

"Come on we better go see what this egg has to say, I don't think miss mcgonagall would approve of our use of the prefects bathroom" I laughed and he nodded pecking my lips one more time. He took the egg under one of his arms and completely emerged himself into the water, his hair sticking to his face. When in water, you're hair seems to move out the way so you're main focus is the face and that's when Cedric caught me staring at him and flicked some water my way.
"Are you going to come in or enjoy the view?" He said cockily. I ignored his remark and I sat on the edge dipping my feet in occasionally. I didn't see him coming but when a looming figure in feb water crept up to me I didn't think much about it until he jumped out of the water
"Cedric!" I gasped as water had nearly soaked me.
"I'll help you in" he jumped up from the pool floor and reached his arms out to hold securing onto the sides of my stomach. He picked me up and slowly put me into the water.
"Why did I expect it to be cold" I laughed as I felt the warm water against my skin.
"We better be quick before moaning myrtle comes-" he said and as if on cue there case the ghost.
"Where abouts it the- oh my god!" She wailed and I covered my ears when she let out a shriek
"I thought it was you and me vs the world Cedric. Who's she?" She pointed her finger accusingly to me.
"Myrtle I told you that I have a girlfriend, it's been a year" she pouted and the walked off, probably to mope to someone else. Cedric grabbed the egg and crouched his knees ready for the impact
"You ready?" He said and I nodded. We both submerged ourselves into the water and he opens the egg and an angelic voice sings from inside it

"Come seek us where our voices sound.
We cannot sing above the ground. An
hour long you'll have to look, to recover
what we took" once the singing had stopped I resurfaced at took a deep breath.
"Wait im going to hear it again" I said before dropping back into the the water. It reminded me of mermaids but I didn't know if there was any mermaids in any lakes near hogwarts. There wasn't mermaids in the black lake was there?
"I think I have an idea! Is there mermaids in the black lake?" He nodded as he had spotted them there before
"I'm thinking that's there's mermaids in the black lake and they are going to take something you will miss most. An item maybe?"
"And I have to get in in an hour? How am I supposed to breath underwater for an hour?"
"The bubblehead charm! It gives you a supply of oxygen for 70 minutes!" I suggested.
"We've cracked it! Wow thank you so much-" he said and kissed me once more. He was overjoyed that he was ahead for the second task and he didn't have to worry much about it now that he had a plan and it was thanks to his girlfriend that he wouldn't drown in that horrific lake.