f i f t y t h r e e

2 years later...

Chris pov-
I ran out of the flying car that me and Grayson had used as transport and ran up to the huge building we called home. I was ecstatic to be back, as this building was the only comfort I had during the time I was away.
"We're home!" Grayson shouted so that our housemates could hear. Simon lively and Scott black bolted down there stairs and hugged us two. It had been a good month of not seeing our freinds and we had missed them dearly.
"Where the others?" I asked and as if on cue two more people came through the doors of the kitchen. Oliver Wood and grace reeves. They both had big smiles on their faces when they saw us and they both ran to greet us.
"Wow it feels like you've been gone forever" Oliver commented and gave us both a short hug. He wasn't much of a hugger or any type of affection but he had grown to love it.
"We need to go the other two. They are probably sleeping in like usaul" grace commented and they nodded agreeing. We knocked on the door to their shared bedroom and heard a groan coming out of it.
"Come on we've got to go,  they need our help now" they both shot up and we heard sounds of the getting dressed until they opened the door ready. I looked at my two other bestfriends and smiled widely. They both had scruffy hair as they obviously had just woken up and they both wore cheeky smiles.
"You both are so sleepy all the time?" I said cheekily, putting my arms round them both.
"Living with you is quite tiring if you haven't noticed" athena jokes her eyes twinkling looking at her bestfreinds.
Yep that's right. Athena and Cedric diggory survived...well not exactly survived you could say...let me show you

*flashback 2 years ago.
It was the summer time yet I was at hogwarts along with quite a few other students. The halls were empty and quiet which I wasn't used to but ignored it as I focused on the main purpose of me being here
"Why are we here?" I growled and dumbledore just looked at me before beginning to speak. His eyes always flickered between us all as he had concern written all over his face.
"Well you were all cursed earlier on last year and you were all linked as you probably already know. Well we wanted to try something because if you were truly linked then you all should've died when they did, so that means-" he was cut off by Grayson who had been through hell since the death of his bestfriend. So had I but I knew Grayson didn't handle death as well as I did, not that I felt less pain. Even thinking about her made my heart stop and every emotion be overcome with grief.
"They could still be alive?" Grayson said quickly. I didn't want to give his hopes up so I just stood quietly listening to my former headteacher.
"Well there is a slim chance but I need you all to cut you're arm or something and drop some of you're blood into this bowl" we all looked at him like he was insane. Oliver Wood, Scott black, me , grayson, were all giving him weird glances but I decided to lead so they'd follow. I grabbed the knife and ran it across my wrist before letting it drip into the bowl. They all did the same and dumbledore looked at us all separately for a second before taking a needle and sucking up some of the blood and injecting it into the two now slightly grey bodies. We waited and waited and I knew that my hopes were going to be given up as I stared intently at the pair. Seeing them again and in this state brought back so much pain that it took everything in me to sit there. I had begun to notice their skin changing colour ever so slightly and I quickly called dumbledore back into the room. This couldn't be real.
"Alright I need to tell you all something before they wake up. Whatever you do, do not tell the world that if they are alive, only in emergencies as this is not legal at all but I had to do what had to be done" he said and then he grabbed the two limp hands and once they both touched they both gasped waking up bolt upright before getting tackled into hugs. Tears were being spilled left and right and the overall shock felt so strong and powerful as they were both dead to alive. I had never felt so alive and happy as I did once I saw the familiar pair of blue eyes looking straight at mine.
*flashback ended

"We have to go now before it's too late!" We all exited the home and we stopped in our tracks as in front of us was 4 or so cars all lined up with some more people that Athena has invited to help. Including: her older brother who we found last year, fleur delacour, viktor krum, her father, my parents and we were meeting others there like Draco, Harry etc.

Athenas pov-
The war had begun and I knew I wasn't going to go down without a fight. Even if it meant dying again, I would do it to protect the people that I love. Dying taught me to appreciate every moment and I had married Cedric diggory last year. We kept it small since nobody was supposed to know of my presence but it still was one of the best days of my life. Now here we were about to go help to fight against the dark lord...
"Are you ready?" I asked Cedric as he was the first person I needed to talk to whenever something bad was going to happen
"I think so. If anything happens, shout my name and I will drop everything to find you" he said sincerely and kissed me.
"We'll be okay I promise" I said and squeezed his hand in reassurance. There was no way in hell I was going to let Cedric die again and especially  not by the hands of his first murderer