t h i r t y e i g h t

Can I borrow Miss rose and mr Campbell?" Professor mcgonagall asked snape who was teaching the class

"May I ask why?"
"You may not"
"Then they can't go" snape rolled his eyes at the teacher and then decided to stay silent.
"It seems you both have a visitor. He says he won't leave until he speaks to you both" cedric's head that was once in his hands immediately turned to the Professor when he heard a boy was here for his girlfriend.
"Alright fine you both may be excused" the two students got up but waited at the hallway.
"I'm assuming you want to go too?" He asked looking at Grayson. He nodded very eagerly and then waved his hand as if saying he could
"Fine, you three have separation issues" Grayson scrambled out of his seat but not before whispering to Cedric:
"I'll be you're eyes and ears" and then running out to follow his friends
"According to Dumbledore this boy has been enrolled into the school today, and he specifically asks for you two to show his around" it confused me as everyone who knew me, knew both Grayson and Chris. No one really preferred one over the other. The teacher who we had been following opened the door and there stood Scott black.....Scott...Black.
"Scott!!!" I squealed and jumped into his open arms.
"Oh my gosh. How are you here? How do you know? You're a wizard?" I kept rambling on with questions and he laughed at my confused manor.
"I'll answer all questions later on. Chris how've you been?" They both shook hands excitingly and hugged each other for a short amount of time before they heard a fake cough coming from Grayson Blaine.
"Grayson"
"Scott" the tension between those two was so strong that I shuffled on the spot awkwardly as I didn't know what to do. The two hated each other for as long as I can remember. Ever since Scott had insulted him by calling him a mud blood, he never spoke to him properly again.
Scott is....well at least he was...a muggle and now here he was standing with hogwarts uniform on.
"When we have dinner at the great hall I will be sorted into my house"
"Well you're obviously going to be slytherin!" Chris said as if it was a known fact
"I don't know I kinda think he may be put in hufflepuff" I said tilting my head.
Miss mcgonagall felt bad for breaking up the reunion but none the less she spoke.
"You kids probably have to go to lesson now, but I'm sure we can find someone in a lower year to show him around"
"We'll definitely Draco malfoy then" Scott said like it was the most obvious thing.
"Ill meet you guys outside the great hall before lunch" he said following the teacher
"He's bad news" Grayson growled
"Grayson come on it's been what? 7 years? Give him a chance!" Chris said. Grayson didn't want to give him a chance. Because then maybe Scott would steal his bestfriends from him and he knew that he was not going to let that happen. Not on his watch. So he nodded and then lead the way back to class
——————————————————
The time had come and the trio waited outside for the new addition. Cedric came along and from what he heard from Grayson, Scott was not a good kid, so he decided to stand with them so he could help Grayson keep an eye on him. Once he strolled up he had already had his tie loose and looking like a slytherin.
"And who's this?" He asked pointing at Cedric.
"That's Cedric diggory" Grayson said quickly before I could even speak.
"Nice to meet you, I'm scott black" he said shaking his hand. Cedric was a bit confused at first from his manners but the stories Grayson had told him kept replaying in his head. Cedric went and took Athenas hand in his and opened the door. The hall was already silent except for a few whispers but those whispers seemed to silence and the only sounds heard was the creaking of the door. Once they all walked in they all walked over to their respective tables and Scott was called to the front.

Grayson was still giving weird looks and as Scott grew up in a muggle house, Grayson put his middle finger up at him, and Scott rolled his eyes and sat down on the chair "Scott black

"Scott black....mischievous, cunning but there's also a good heart in there and...oh! Wait....I know exactly where to put you......HUFFLEPUFF!" The sorting hat shouted and the hufflepuff table broke out into applause and his mouth formed into a grin as he went and sat next to Cedric.
"What a surprise" Grayson said sarcastically.
"Aww come on Grayson, don't be like that" I rested my head on his shoulder and his once upright posture broke down and he was calm once more
"I would say he could try out for the quidditch team but seeing as they are all cancelled this year, there is no point" Chris shrugged.
———————————————————
"You've got to be kidding me...." Grayson watched from afar as Athena and Chris were laughing at something Scott had said. Cedric took a seat next to Grayson and saw what he was looking at. It had been 2 weeks and he still was displeased with the arrival of a certain boy.
"You still don't like him"Cedric asked
"I don't trust him either" Grayson replied
"Well if you want you can help me research the second task" Grayson nodded knowing he's got nothing better to do.
"Okay so this egg was supposed to be a clue but every time you open it, it lets out a screech of a sort"
"Okay I guess we can start with the egg" after an hour or so they decided to leave the research till later as they had a certain Yule ball to worry about.
"I know the ball is in one month, but when do you think I should ask Athena to go?"
"Shes you're girlfriend I didn't think you had to ask her"
"I know but if she's with me than she's going to be the centre of attention as I'm one of the champions" Grayson nodded understanding where he was coming from. Athena has decided to come sit with the two as she thought they'd be talking about something more interesting than cars, the two boys thought of her fast pace, as a race so they both quickly sat down on the two empty seats next to Grayson. Cedric patted his lap so I sat on his lap and tried to get comfy by leaning into his chest.
"So what are you boys going to do about the Yule ball. It's in a month and none of you have any ball atire. Except you Grayson you have two in you're bag"
"How do you know that-"
"I basically packed you're bag because you were asleep most of the summer" he shrugged knowing the statement was true
"We can just go to hogesmade, there's a shop for that type of clothing" Chris suggests.
"I already ordered you're dresses to be delivered. It took so damn long to explain how to get here" Grayson laughed. I had no clue what to pick to wear for the Yule ball so I decided that Grayson pick a few and when the dresses came, we see which one looks the best.
"It should be coming on Sunday and I also asked grace to come help you as she is a girl and may have a different perspective" Grayson said
"Thank you gray"
"Why are you letting Grayson pick you're dress" Cedric chuckled at the thought.
"It's kind of like a tradition. He always picks my dresses for balls, because I'm too indecisive"
"Don't worry Cedric I'll make sure she doesn't look to awful"
"Hey!" I lightly pushed Grayson and he laughed at the weak push. Scott sat silently observing the friendship between the two. He had underestimated how hard it was to join this friend group as they were all so close and he hadn't gotten close to that at all.
"Well guess what Grayson"
"What" he said in a mocking manor.
"You've been downgraded to my freind and guess who's my bestfriend now"
"Who..." he said about to pounce
"Ummm Neville" she said looking to se the first person to come to her eye. The boy looked confused as this intimidating group of 7th years were looking at him.
"Hehe I'm gonna go now...you know polishhhh.....my wand!" I said trying to find an excuse for a head start
"Oh you're not getting away that easily" Grayson got up form his chair but not as quick as I had as I raced back inside and ran for my life. I couldn't help the giggled that flowed from my mouth until I bumped into somone. I fell backward and landed on the ground.
"Are you okay?" Grayson said sitting next to me.
"I think so" I look up and see the person I bumped into was snape.
"Oh shi-"