n i n e t e e n

One month had passed since Cedric and Athena declared themeselves as a couple publicly and the students had started to move on to the next gossip

Cedric had been practising quidditch every chance he had when he wasn't spending time with Athena but she was trying to spend time studying as there was exams coming up. She had sat in the library some days and Cedric would sit opposite her and just sit there observing her expressions change when she got frustrated or confused.

It had also been 10 days since Christmas and the excitement from the holiday had also calmed down. Cho commonly sent glares towards Athena but she didn't pay much attention to them as she didn't really care.
On the other hand, cho started talking to Grayson a lot even though he wasn't slightly interested in her at all but she still tried her best and it was starting to annoy him as he constantly ranted to Chris and Athena about.
"And then she moved closer even though I said that I wanted some space-" Grayson continued as he had been talking for the past 20 minutes continuously.
"Grayson we get it okay. You really don't like cho. But wait...why don't you like cho?" Chris said and it was actually a question that I wanted to know too.

"She's so fake, I heard her say to her friend that their current boyfriend didn't deserve her and then I saw her kissing him the next week!" He exclaimed, raising his hands in the air.

"Okay I guess I understand, quick we have to get to professor snape quickly before we get an even longer detention" Chris reminded me and I sped up my pace.

"And look who showed up 2 minutes late to a detention. 5 points will be deducted from slytherin for you're appalling entrance" he said in his full voice. I nodded and sat down on an empty seat.

"You can see the second years made quite a mess in here so I suspect it be cleaned up and then you can leave" he said to me before talking to the boys about a separate class. Snape did have a liking to the three of us but also did not trust us in detention together again from what happened the previous times. To be honest I don't blame him.

I picked up a stray book on the desk and began to reach up to put it back in its original place. I felt arms wrap around my torso and it sent me shivers down my spine and I felt goosebumps rise from my arms.
"Hey gorgeous, just wanted to remind you how beautiful you look today" I giggled and turned to face Cedric. I put my hands behind his neck and pecked his lips.
"Snape will come in here any minute I just wanted to wish you luck with this mess" he chuckled and I groaned as the moment was over and I was reminded of the situation I was in.
"A good luck kiss" I pouted and he scoffed but none the less kissed my lips and I smiled
"You know maybe I should do it again, just in case"
—————————|||—————————
My owl swooped down and passed me a letter in an envelope and I cocked my head. The only person who sent me letters was my dad and he had a special seal on opening so you could understand my confusion when there was no seal in sight.
I opened it and skimmed through it. Tears welled up in my eyes as i finished off the letter and saw the name of my 'mother'. I got up quickly and ran out of the hall and straight to the courtyard where no one appeared to be. I heard footsteps behind me and I was quickly enveloped into a hug.
"What's wrong" I heard my boyfriends voice after a few minutes. I passed him the letter that explained what horrible things that my mother had done because I wouldn't return to her and to be honest i wish it was just murder because the horrific things on there was way worse than anything I could've imagined she was capable of. His mouth dropped a little bit then was replaced by a angered one but tried to compose himself.

"I am responsible for those deaths, a murderer. I don't deserve to be loved" I said the end part as composed as I could but my voice cracked.
"Listen to me. Hey look at me!" He said cupping my face in his hand
"You were not responsible for what happened and you are definitely not a murderer okay? Youre heart is so pure and there is that is the one thing that you're mother can't take away from you" he said and wiped my tears away with his thumb. He hugged me again but this time tighter and I felt more warmer and less frightened than before.