t h i r t y s e v e n

The days leading up to the first task flew by and now it was the day of the tournament

The days leading up to the first task flew by and now it was the day of the tournament. Cedric has gotten up early and ran to the slytherin common room and sat on his on his already owned side of her bed and rested beside me. Instinctively, he pulled me closer to him, his body heat increasing rapidly from the warm covers.
"Cedric you just need to remember what we planned and then you'll be okay! And don't worry if the dragon comes too close to hurting you than just stun it and then you have to run"
His shoulders slumped a bit more as his heart stopped racing as much as it was a few minutes ago.
"Okay I think I'm okay. Can you come with me to the tent. Just so I don't feel so nervous?" He asked with a glint in his eye that made me melt inside.
"Of course" I said interlacing our fingers. We entered the tent and Fleur was a bit confused as students weren't allowed in the tent but none the less she ignored it. Hermione then walked in wanting to talk to Harry. Rita Skeeter approaches and I saw her attempting to focus the camera on Harry and Hermione do I decided to get the anxiety off of them. I pulled Cedric into a kiss which lasted a few seconds before I pulled away. A flash went and I knew it had worked, the attention was off the pair behind me long enough for them to compose themselves.
"You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends" viktor said to Rita and she huffed but then walked straight out.
"Thank you for that" Harry said and I nodded. I kissed cedrics cheek one more time before embracing him as tightly as I could.
"You'll do great" I blew him a kiss and then left the tent and went to take my seat next to Grayson, grace and Chris.
The sound of a cannon was heard and then I saw Cedric being the first person to go. He spotted the dragons and then stood still for a second before springing into action. He had his before a rock and then he saw me and I mouthed to him 'go' so then he used his wand and transformed a rock into a dog which occupied the dragon once he finally got hold of the egg. The dragon heard the racket and saw Cedric with its egg and blew its blue fire at him, injuring the side of his face. I quickly muttered 'stupefy' in my head and the dragon was stunned for a few seconds so Cedric could leave the arena. I rushed out of seat followed by my three freinds and into the hospital wing.
—————————————————
I was sitting next to grace in the great hall when a newspaper flew down and I caught it in my hands. I saw a photo of me and Cedric kissing which I had expected, but what I didn't expect was the horrible things written about me.
'Athena, daughter of Celeste rose caught red handed kissing one of the champions Cedric diggory. She seems to float around with boys as we caught her also getting pretty close with a young lad called Grayson Blaine. Seems that this girl is a bad influence on Cedric and it got us thinking, do we really want our champion being close with someone who has a relation to the dark lord?' My mouth dropped agape and I didn't know what to say. I looked Cedric in the eyes once and then ran out of the great hall. Dumbledore had read the article himself and when Cedric got up, he put a hand on his shoulder and silently said 'I'll take care of it'
The headmaster followed where he heard sniffles and saw the student sitting on a bench with a single tear that had spilled out of her eye. He sighed and took the seat next to her.
"I've asked that miss Skeeter cannot report on anything unless it is strictly the champions"
"Thank you" I said and wiped away any evidence of my sadness.
"Was it the part where it said you 'floated around' that got you upset"
"Not really. It just got me to think that maybe I'm not good for Cedric at all. A mere distraction. I just want him to be happy and I don't know if I'm able to give him that" I said telling what came straight to my mind.
"Well I can tell you now both of you are amazing students who are doing extremely well in school life. I don't think either of you are better than the other and that's with you're 'past' included. You don't see the way that young lad looks at you my dear, the teachers have even noticed so I'm surprised you haven't" i weakly smiled
"Thank you for that"
"Now, Cedric was quite concerned about something. He said that you can cast wordless and wandless magic, is this true?" I nodded and I knew he wanted me to give an example so I looked down at a wilted flower and it quickly began to bloom and the vibrant colour of once had  shone through.
"Extraordinary. Only a few witches and wizards can do that"
"Can you?"
"Of course not. The people who can are born with it because they had been good people in their past lives" I sighed and laid my head back. One task and I was already so worried for Ced, how am I going to deal with the others...