07

corbyn laughed, watching clothes fly from his closet as ashley dug through his wardrobe. so far she'd tossed him a white shirt and found a pair of his few coloured sweat pants in black.

ashley turned to look at the mess of clothes cluttering the floors near his feet, tossing white sneakers toward him before picking up the excess articles as corbyn looked at the mess of fabrics around him. he'd met ashley's eyes as she leaned up with a handful of clothes, she eyed the few articles in his lap before dropping the collected clothes and running back to the closet, returning to put a black cap on his head.

"okay, try this on after you get a shower, got it?"

corbyn lifted the clothes, nodding as he stood up. "we can clean up the rest later, dork, go get ready." he rolled his eyes when ashley only shrugged, "your loss."

after pushing ashley out of the room, corbyn only sighed while shutting the door. although part of him was ready to leave, something caused for him to be anxious. the feathers of his wings ruffled as corbyn groaned in memory of the cramping he'll probably have later on.

oh well, he thought, i guess that's for me to deal with when we get back.

with that, he entered the bathroom.

corbyn ended up putting a sweater on over his outfit, some odd black hoodie with white detailings. although corbyn preferred wearing white, he'd bought a few clothing articles of each colour to prepare for when he had to go onto the human world (even though he'd only worn white clothes to daniel's house.)

ashley wore white shoes, just like corbyn, along with cuffed jeans and a white shirt with the words, 'new york, 1984' splayed across the front. to top it off, she'd put on a denim jacket that matched the colour of the pants. in corbyn's eyes, they seemed like regular teenagers.

saskia smiled when she'd noticed how corbyn left his room, her children stepped up to the living room, corbyn giving her a hug with a quiet, "sorry, momma. i think i'm doing okay now."

saskia only nodded, kissing corbyn's cheek as she directed her smile toward him, "i'm glad, we've missed you." she released a quiet, short laugh as corbyn smiled himself.

ray, although he too would've greeted corbyn, was passed out on the couch. corbyn nodded toward him as his teeth were shown in his classic smile. the three bessons of the living room had quiet laughter before moving to the kitchen.

"so, what're you two dressed up for?" saskia asked, getting water from the fridge. ashley leaned onto the counter, fingernails tapping against it as she grinned toward her mother.

"so... i wanted corbyn to get out of his room, i was thinking we could maybe... go to a movie?"

saskia thought for a moment, shrugging as she sipped her water before narrowing her eyes. "both of you need to be safe, and don't stay out for too long if you can help it, you both know about how bad the wing cramps get."

corbyn's back arched, arms raising to stretch as his face scrunched. "don't remind me."

ashley's shoulders rolled back as she smiled, "we're gonna do fine, promise."

so, with small conversation to continue, the besson children (besides jordan, who'd been in his room asleep due to his long day) were given money for the movie and left their humble home.

ashley grinned toward corbyn as they headed toward the takeoff station, wings still freed as they needed a travelling mechanism. "so, what movie should we watch?"

daniel pursed his lips, the boys had certainly helped in bettering his previous mood. the boy was attempting to hold in laughter due to how zach had tripped up and spilt his popcorn across the floor of the cinema's lobby. jack had simply laid his popcorn on the table where jonah sat, "that's it, i don't know you people."

jonah, well, he'd been stifling his laughter as well. zach stood up quickly from embarrassment as he glared wide eyes into the two boys left. (jack dramatically walked toward the bathroom)

"what do i do!?" he whispered, glancing at the floor cautiously as his head turned to find an employee walking their way.

"zach, oh my god, you're like a child— move-move-move, someone's coming." daniel muttered out, tugging on his sleeve and pushing him into a chair as he began to laugh himself.

zach's face, although usually red, had certainly darkened as the employee walked up to a blank door and got a broom to clean the mess. after the fiasco, he'd forced jonah to get up and go buy another popcorn because he would starve in the theatre.

ashley and corbyn stepped into the building,  corbyn wishing to stay as close to ashley as possible. he could feel nerves rising in his chest as they entered the line up for the counter. ashley glanced around, seeing a particular movie poster and tapping the shoulder of the male in front of her.

corbyn's hands clasped together, feeling somewhat exposed as he glanced toward the floor. ashley was quite outgoing in comparison to him, and he was feeling quite fearful of the situation.

"hey, um, sorry— but i was wondering, is that movie over there playing tonight?"

the taller male glanced over in the direction ashley was pointing in, furrowing his brows, "jumanji?"

ashley nodded, smiling warmly as the other returned it. "oh yeah, me and my friends are seeing it. i had to come back to the line up cause one of them tripped and spilt their popcorn everywhere. my bad, the name's jonah."

this male, now known as jonah, held out his hand as ashley shook it. "ashley. this, is corbyn, my brother, he's kinda shy."

corbyn punched ashleys shoulder lightly, merely meeting jonah's eyes as he held out his own hand for jonah to shake. "n-nice meeting you..."

"you guys could totally join us, if you wanted to, we don't bite." jonah glanced, watching as he'd become the first in line. "oh, one moment."

corbyn gripped ashley's hand, giving a small squeeze as the younger gave a raised brow. "he's nice, you're okay. i'm here, we're gonna be a in a theatre soon, everything's fine."

ashley looked forward, jonah stood to the side and motioned for them to step up to the counter.

the night had only began.