15

when they got to daniel's house, it was thankfully empty. the brunet rolled his eyes with a small scowl. they never know where i am, and they don't care. they never will.

before finding anger bubbling beneath his skin, he could feel the tremors of corbyn's body as he hurried him upstairs.

"my god, you're freezing..."

his mind raced for a moment, facing corbyn to remove the jacket. "do you want to take a shower? i could just lend you some clothes if not."

the blond only nodded, stilling his teeth from chattering. he didn't like to seem so weak in front of his pupil, he was supposed to be the strong one.

daniel carefully brought him into the washroom, showing how the shower worked. his scale was a little different, it got warm easily and he didn't want corbyn to hurt himself with the heat.

"it's cool if i stop in to lay down the clothes, right?" he glanced at corbyn for a moment, feeling stupid for the question. "if not that's totally cool, i'll go grab some—"

corbyn shook his head with a small smile, "no, no you're fine. there's a curtain for a reason." he was a little nervous, but the curtain was a thick grey colour, obviously covering what would be behind it.

daniel left corbyn to get in the shower, going to his closet to find some sweatpants and a new pair of boxers. (thankfully, keri always had a new package in his closet for any situation.)

he could hear the shower start, waiting a few minutes before knocking and twisting the doorknob. "it's only me," he announced, seeing steam raise from above the shower curtain. he placed the clothes on the toilet seat, taking corbyn's old ones for the washer.

when realizing corbyn's jacket had small rips in the back, which he was surprised to realize that he'd never seen them before, he picked up his sweater and excused himself once more. "i forgot your sweater, sorry, i'll be back."

with that, he left to put corbyn's clothes in the wash and sacrificed his sweater to corbyn with a pair of scissors from his father's office.

corbyn dried out his hair, ruffling it as he began to pull on daniel's clothing. the sweatpants were baggy but they had an adjustable waist, and the hoodie met close to his knees. he could feel the draft of the air through the back of the sweater, balling up his towel and stepping out to daniel's room.

the brunet was at his desk, closing up his journal and turning to face corbyn when he could hear the door. "how was it?" he asked, having corbyn place the towel in his hands as he could see the blond shake the hair from his view.

"warm," he smiled, nodding at daniel, "thank you, but uhm, where are my clothes?"

the blond turned his upper body, daniel realizing that he didn't have his wings out. "i put them in the wash, since they were dirty from the river."

corbyn nodded, sitting on the bed as daniel continued, "you can have your wings out, y'know, i cut slits into the back, and nobody's home."

his angel gave a small look, similar to worry, "you didn't have to do that, daniel, i'm fine."

daniel only smiled, "i wanted to," and with that, corbyn huffed and his wings were shortly placed in the picture. they spanned out and he flopped back onto daniel's bed.

"hungry?"

corbyn only shook his head, "i don't want you to work for me daniel, it feels wrong. are you hungry?"

daniel shrugged at that, "not really, no."

they sat in silence for a moment, corbyn voluntarily moving to wrap a corner of daniel's blanket around himself. screw it, i'm wearing his clothes, it can't get much worse.

daniel snorted, corbyn turning to look at him as his brows furrowed. "you can get into the bed y'know, it's not gonna bite."

corbyn stifled a yawn, hiding it behind the baggy material of daniel's jacket. his wings curled, cozy in the warmth of daniel's bed. "if i do that, i'm gonna fall asleep."

daniel raised a brow, running fingers through his hair as he watched corbyn's gaze rest upon him. "if my family get's home, i'll tell them my friend is over, simple." i don't think they'll be home though, you'll be fine.

corbyn's cheeks puffed, shuffling the blankets as he sat up to tug them down. his wings flapped, body freezing for a moment in fear that he'd hit something. daniel spun in his chair, twisting back and forth as he watched corbyn's movement.

he struggled a moment, wings stretching across the other side of the bed as he laid on his side. corbyn huffed, nose scrunching as he pulled the blankets up to his shoulder and adjusted the pillow. "it's comfy sleeping with my wings out but it's tough to get comfortable."

daniel was amused, smiling at corbyn's lazy eyes even though he directed his gaze to the ceiling. "i mean, hey, you did it." his tone was light, playful, leaving a tiny grin on corbyn's face.

the blue eyed male spun around after ensuring corbyn was comfortable, finishing another entry with the silence of wind blowing into his room. corbyn was awake still, eyes trailing across the room as he forced himself to stay up. even though he could smell daniel's scent clearly, a quieted cologne resting on the pillows and blankets almost lulling him to sleep.

"would you mind if i played the guitar?" daniel's head tilted, corbyn shaking his head as he smiled.

"no, not at all. do whatever you wanna do."

daniel knew corbyn was keeping himself awake, it was clear from the drowsy eyes given and the short smiles. his voice was quieter than usual and some words slurred until he realized, fixing himself to seem as if hes energized.

it was also noted that he didn't sleep much last night, since he told daniel he had a shower for his back to feel better. so, daniel pulled out his guitar and began to strum small chords to soothe him.

corbyn's eyes began to close slowly, blinking sedated as he heard the quiet strum and pluck of daniel's guitar. as much as he wished to hear the song for longer, inevitably he'd fall asleep shortly. the music was enticing, calming, and he fell asleep in mere minutes.

EXTRA NOTES
-hi double update for y'all

-in other news my stomach hurts hella
and i feel like im about to die