21

corbyn was late to enter the seavey household, knocking daniel's clock down in the process. his wings curled around himself immediately, body freezing as he was thankful the clock didn't alarm.

the blond's breath was jagged, eyes darting around the room as his heel propped on the windowsill, head turning as he'd fallen on his back.

daniel's not here.

his eyes darted to the clock, hand reaching out as the time blinked in a clear, bright red.

6:39
it's almost supper, maybe they had it early?
but his car isn't in the driveway, either.

corbyn's thought became frantic, and he calmed himself. think, corbyn, where could he be?

that was the thing, though, he had no clue.

the angel pulled himself back, feet hitting the floor as he picked up the clock and placed it back onto the bedside table.

what am i supposed to do with him gone?

his lips pursed, eyes boring into the window. the sky was pretty tonight, and he didn't know of much to do in daniel's room. the first thought that came to mind was to stargaze, so, his wings were hidden and he climbed back out the window.

instead of going onto the roof again, he laid across the ledge outside daniel's window, hands locking behind his head.

the sky was painted in a fade of blue and pink and orange, fluffy clouds dusting across the scene. it wasn't technically stargazing, but his main hope was that the view would calm him, ease the ambush of negative thoughts. what kind of guardian angel am i if i don't know where my person is?

corbyn ignored the beat of his heart, forcing himself to focus on something as his hands balled up, nails digging into the back of his head. get a hold of yourself. he's okay.

but what if he's not?

daniel laughed, nudging jack's shoulder harshly as a distraction. they all crowded in at jonah's house, his mother supplying snacks as they had a mario kart marathon.

of course, daniel was winning.

once jack finally lost the last race, it was another moment of daniel's victory. nobody could ever beat him at the game. the clock struck seven, and although he was going to go home, it was insistent that he'd stay for supper.

corbyn had completely left his mind when he was able to distract himself with his friends. zach's stupidity made humorous moments and he was glad there was no pestering to be endured at that moment.

they all sat at the table, a pizza box sat in the middle before the lid was lifted and jonah's mother left them to feast, seeing the animalistic behaviour and exiting the room with a small laugh.

"zach you're going to choke if you don't slow down," jonah smacked the back of his head lightly, zach swallowing the mouthful before making bite motions toward the older.

"okay, tiger, settle yourself." jack rolled his eyes playfully, and daniel's gaze was directed to the large glass door to his right.

the skies faded to darkness, and the boys finished their dinner quickly. although being offered to stay for another marathon of games, daniel declined due to the small possibility of his mother being home with 'worry.'

when clambering into the car, he huffed, blowing hair from his forehead as the key was slotted into the ignition. his eyes rolled at the thought of his mother's stupid act of worry whenever she's home. it wouldn't matter to her if she went on a cruise for a year and left me. there's no need for pretend care.