14

the run to the bridge was more than corbyn expected, he was out of breath when he'd saw the cobble structure. his lungs heaved for air and his throat was sore, heart rapid as sound seemed a little more distant than usual.

daniel was unfazed, breaths passing his lips heavily but with ease as his brows furrowed and their hands disconnected. corbyn leaned, hands on his knees. daniel only put his hands on his hips.

"that is a much longer run than i remember..." he breathed out, glancing over to corbyn as the blond found strength to look at him.

"are you kidding? you dragged me half the way... i'm not very active." his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, eyes closing as he could feel the thinnest breeze.

daniel's eyes danced over corbyn, focusing on a splotch of red tint on his forearm, fading into the rest of the skin as it ran out from the bunched sweater. it was assumable that the marking trailed up his arm. birthmark.

"c'mon, we can sit on the siding, it's a few feet away." daniel stepped forward, tugging on his sleeve as corbyn huffed out a breath and followed along.

"you're sure we can sit on this stuff?" corbyn's foot reached out, pressuring the side of a large, uneven rock as it toppled down a little.

"i usually sit on the one next to it, but i think that one's safe."

very reassuring, seavey.

corbyn, although hesitant, sat on the wobbly rock carefully. it wasn't horrible, he just needed to maintain balance.

the bridge's fence cut off halfway through the middle on this side, leaving a few large rocks on the siding until it met the rubble of concrete where the fence was connected.
the other side was more clean, concrete holding the fence was crumbled below but the fence still remained.

"i figured some bridge fan would appreciate something more built," corbyn glanced over, daniel shaking his head with a small smile.

"it deteriorates every year, bit by bit, i put these rocks here after someone knocked over the fence." he decided not to point out architecture to corbyn, rolling his eyes playfully at his words.

"do people come by often?" corbyn's feet rocked a little, entertained by the sway of the rock below him as he focused on daniel. well, not truly, their eyes would never meet on his accord.

"mainly me, sometimes bikers, but this place is kind of abandoned..."

corbyn continued to question him about the bridge, how long it'd been here, when he found it, why does he come here, all of those simple questions.

it certainly took his mind off jordan, and he was thankful to have daniel in that moment.

remember the rock, the one corbyn sat on?

he fell off it.

the blond was about to stand and leave when the wobble of the rock took him by surprise and he fell backward into the shallow river below.

the rocks pierced his back, his clothes soaked up the stream, water was chilling his entire body, but he didn't mind.

the clouds were pretty, the sound of the water was pleasing, but he caught sight of daniel, panicking, and he sat up.

"holy shit! corbyn!"

the brunet had ran down to the side of the stream, stepping into the water freely and immediately reaching for the angel. "are you okay? oh my god."

corbyn got his help to stand, feeling the wind brush against his cold clothing, making him skiver as he pushed his hood down. "i'm okay, daniel, i don't get hurt that often."

daniel helped his out and onto the siding of the river, spinning him like a child. "you're probably freezing."

the blond reached out for daniel's shoulders, although feeling his heart race he stared straight into the brunet's eyes. "daniel, please calm down, for me?"

although corbyn wanted to study daniel's expression, he could only see a small grin display on daniel's face. "we're taking you home immediately."

with that, corbyn huffed and he was dragged away from the river effortlessly.

when they reached the main road, corbyn could feel the wind much more because of the loss of trees. his skin chilled and he shivered, walking closer to daniel.

daniel noticed this when he could feel their knuckled brush, glancing to find corbyn tugging down his sleeves and hesitant to pull his hood over his head.

"cold?" his brow quirked, glancing to see his house in a far distance. corbyn shook his head, he didn't want daniel to be right.

"the wind is cold, i'm not," he excused, hands moving to tuck into his sleeves. daniel rolled his eyes, taking off his jacket and placing it over corbyn's shoulders.

"told you so," he muttered, "this should block the wind a little."

corbyn's brows furrowed, removing the sweater sprawled over his shoulders. "you're gonna be cold, i'm fine, daniel, i swear."

daniel took him by surprise when his hand took corbyn's fingers, feeling the chill in his palm as they stopped for a moment. he placed the jacket back over corbyn's shoulders, seeing the angel's eyes dance over daniel's face from his peripheral. "you're a horrible liar, corbyn."