08

corbyn gave a small smile as he could hear ashley and jonah laugh, he'd been practically cradling the bag of popcorn as they walked up to jonah's friend group.

"hey, jo! did you get my—" a young brunet looked up from his phone. "i didn't know we could order new people," the boy stood up.

corbyn, although at his height, felt intimidated by the boy. that was, until he showed a gentle smile. "i'm just kidding, the name's zach, and you guys?"

"ashley," she introduced herself, elbow nudging corbyn as the blond gave her a deathly look. "c-corbyn."

"i'm jonah."

with those words, zach punched jonah lightly and nabbed the popcorn from his hands. "i know that, rat."

corbyn hid his grin behind the popcorn, watching as jonah was quick to take the popcorn and lay it on the table. "you'll drop it again, leave it here."

two boys walked down the hall, catching corbyn's attention immediately as the blond's mouth grew dry.

"this dumbass had to fix his hair a million times." the shorter grumbled, rolling his eyes before he'd met corbyn's gaze.

corbyn didn't want to look at the taller male, head turning with frantic glances toward ashley. the younger, however, hadn't caught on. "you're fine, c'mon, it's like two more people."

jonah stepped between the two males, looking toward ashley and corbyn as their conversation was cut short.

"ashley, corbyn, meet daniel and jack. i promise, this is everybody."

daniel's eyes bored into corbyn, the blond found himself interested in his shoes, tugging on ashley's sleeve. "can we all go get seats now?" his voice was quiet, and ashley finally pieced the puzzle together as she remembered corbyn's previous break down before her.

daniel...

"oh, oh corbs..." she glanced toward the group, they'd all sat at the table, from her view nobody was paying attention to them.
"do you want to go home?"

her eyes met corbyn's, seeing how the blond's waterline was more glossy than usual. he sniffled, shaking his head. "we're already this far in, no getting out now."

corbyn laughed dryly, hand raising to wipe his eyes as he breathed in. "okay, okay... i'm gonna step away for a minute, pretend i'm getting a call or something."

ashley only nodded, sending a weary look to her broken sibling as she pursed her lips. the blond held up his hand, pulling his phone from his back pocket as he looked puzzled at it. "oh, oh, its... christina... i'll be back."

the younger couldve laughed at corbyn's quick words, they both shared a quick look of hysteria before corbyn stepped off and passed her the popcorn.

ashley walked up to the table, glancing as daniel's head practically followed corbyn until he turned down another hallway. "corbs had to take a call, uhm, when do we head into the theatre?"

jack glanced at his phone, "hm, movie starts in fifteen so lets hope his call isn't long."

with that, ashley pulled up a chair as they'd all shared short conversation. it wasn't much of introduction, simply humorous or inquiring sentences, sparking random topics.

when corbyn rounded the hall he dialed an actual number, saskia's, simply to talk to someone. he didn't want to be alone.

"momma?" corbyn nibbled his lip upon hearing the other end pick up.

"hi, corby, what's up?"

corbyn was thankful she hadn't called him corby-worby, she'd shortened it.

"um, i don't know, guess i'm feeling a little nervous. haven't been in crowds in what feels like forever."

the blond didn't want to worry his mother much, she knew about how emotional he could be about daniel and would probably try her hardest to get him out of the scene.

the conversation was cut short as corbyn was about to respond to saskia's words of comfort. ashley had ran up, tugging his sleeve gently.

"oh, didn't know you had an actual call, sorry." she stifled laughter and stepped back, corbyn poking his tongue out as he held up a finger.

"thanks, momma, i gotta go now. ash is here, we're about to enter the theatre."

with a short goodbye, he'd actually hung up the phone. "i can't picture calling our mom 'momma,' seems funny to me— alien." she nudged his rib and he gasped in offence. a smile had certainly grown on his face as he bumped into her side. "it's perfectly normal, if anything you're the alien." his face burned, hands tucking into his pockets as they neared the table. corbyn wasn't great at coming up with insults.

as soon as he'd met eyes with daniel, his grin faltered, gaze retreating immediately as he picked up his popcorn and drink. his demeanor quieted, these people were practically strangers. everyone besides daniel.

zach patted his back, "c'mon! let's go, you were on the phone forever."