51

easter break consisted of parties after parties, filling up daniel's time most weekends. on some nights he'd force himself to go out, pushing away the thought of corbyn.

that is, until jenna talked to daniel again. daniel's last memory with her was the same night corbyn was his, finally.

so he slipped into the kitchen, eyes running across the odd labels on a random selection of bottles strewn over the countertop. rum, vodka, beer... tequila?

daniel shrugged, uncapping the bottle as he took a random solo cup and poured in a generous amount, taking a sip as the alcohol burned his throat, slipping down with a swallow. his face contorted, disguising the strength with some random pop before him before testing once more. easier to take, that's all i need.

he sort of hid the tequila, poking it behind the toaster for a later use before slipping over to zach and jack as if there wasn't any suspicion. jack's nose turned up a little at his arrival, eyes meeting daniel's cup with a quick grab and a whiff. he grimaced, returning it with the shake of his head. "god, daniel, that smells strong."

his nose dipped a little, pouting with a shrug to play it off that he didn't overload the drink. jack raised a brow, patting his shoulder, "alright, man. don't go too crazy, pace yourself... we don't wanna find you black out drunk, last time was bad enough."

daniel punched his arm playfully, "listen, it could've ended worse."

he took a small swig, just to show little proof that he'd be fine. tonight was the night he wanted to loosen up, let go. if that meant going black out, maybe daniel was up for it.

the second drink took place around a half an hour after, when daniel was crowded around a beer pong table and he simply tipped the refill up to finish. he was offered to be in the next game but politely declined, slipping away into the kitchen for a third cup. his body was certainly warm, beginning to buzz with the fast intake of tequila. the drink didn't taste bad, though, so he kept up until his vision began to get a little more blurry.

jonah suspended him when he took notice of how much daniel poured into his cup, seeing the toll it was beginning to take on the brunet. "chill, d. it's only eleven, and you're about to fall over. how many drinks have you had?"

he pushed it from daniel's reach, brows raising as daniel's face portrayed pure betrayal. "gimme," his hand was taken as it reached for the cup, being dragged away from the counter. "no! jo, my drink."

jonah rolled his eyes in amusement, dramatic ass. as he opened the back door he kept a hand on daniel, taking him out to sit on the step.

"didn't answer my question."

daniel, barely sober, held up three fingers that increased to four and five. "three, four? it's gone now." followed by a burp.

jonah's face scrunched up, waving a hand between them as he sat daniel on the porch, letting him take in fresh air. "you're nasty."

what was only fifteen minutes at max felt like an eternity to daniel, who whined until jonah let him hobble off with a second warning to relax on his drinks.

that went through one ear and out the other.

as soon as he stumbled into the kitchen he took a random drink from the counter and downed it. there wasn't much left, if he chugged a whole cup it would've immediately reappeared. that wasn't much of a worry though, if he wanted to get shit-faced, he would.

daniel managed to find his old drink though, just before his feet drunkenly stepped into the living room. someone seemed to stand affront him for a moment too long, catching his eye aside from the blur of his hearing.