EPILOGUE

"corbyn! where are you, angel?" daniel dropped the box on the ground. (nicely, of course. he didn't want to break the dishes.)

as he leaned back up, he scanned the kitchen. corbyn was there just minutes before, checking the boxes on the counter to see what was in them. they probably could've labelled them better.

the front door was left open, daniel turning down the hall as he peered into the bathroom, pushing on the door. he'd probably close it.

with no luck, he checked the extra room and laundry, even the small closet mid-hallway, although it was full of shelves.

corbyn wasn't in their bed room, either. so daniel had to run back upstairs and finally meet the blond in the living room.

"hi, honey," corbyn smiled as he could hear daniel's shoes step closer, knowing they'd have to mop the floors when everything was in. "did you have fun running around?"

"where were you?" daniel huffed, kneeling beside corbyn as he offloaded throw pillows, tossing them to the couch.

"you walked past me. i've been checking the boxes in here for a while." corbyn's smile grew a little more as daniel kissed his cheek, silent laughter passing his nose.

"you didn't respond." daniel's tone was pouty, corbyn finally turning his head to look at the taller angel as he could see daniel's wings relax.

"sorry, love, i thought you would've saw me." corbyn leaned up, pecking his lips before he moved his legs to stretch out. "how many boxes do we have left?"

"i think three, maybe? your mom bought a lot of stuff."

after daniel arrived, corbyn took him home. he didn't hear of many other seavey's in their part of heaven, assuming that the rest of daniel's family was elsewhere. (oregon, maybe. corbyn had vague memory of that.)

daniel didn't protest, thankful that saskia would even let him stay in the first place. he liked heaven until his wings started to grow in. corbyn had to take care of him for a week longer, just after cleaning him up from the alcohol accident.

"oh my goodness! how could i forget— we need to pick up soot!" corbyn left the trinkets of a separate box alone, daniel leaving the kneeled position to pull his angel from the floor. "i'll help with the last boxes, my baby needs to come see the house!"

after a few months of living with corbyn's family daniel asked if they had any rentals in heaven. he was still getting used to a few things, but corbyn helped him understand a lot. corbyn got him a job at the gate for a while before branching off to a small music store, and so on.

daniel was a little surprised when corbyn took the heaviest box, asking for daniel to put another on top but the brunet took it from him. "i know you're excited, and i know you have just as much muscle as me, but these are heavy and probably very important and you've dropped two boxes today."

corbyn took the other two boxes with spite, almost dropping the one on top. but he didn't, not even when daniel asked if he wanted help, and proceeded to rub it in his boyfriend's face in the nicest way possible before dragging daniel out the door.

soot was rumbling with purrs, warm on daniel's chest as his hand was slow, running down her fur. as it raised back up, carding through and spiking the tufts, he scratched at the back of her ears. soot's paws began to grip, enjoying the action until her eyes opened in curiosity toward the sound of descent on the stairs.

she raised quick, running to corbyn and weaving between his legs with a mewl. daniel's arms raised in mockery, "gosh, i thought you loved me."

corbyn's wings stretched out, leaning down to take soot into his arms as he flapped them a few times. their mattress was on the floor, for now. even though saskia offered that they could stay at the house again, corbyn was determined, excitement ruling his veins from the fact that he was finally growing up. he had a house! a boyfriend! a cat! their own little family, what more was there to ask for?

daniel looked at him in awe, knowing the wings would soon disappear but the gentle lighting cast from the bathroom gave corbyn the look of a god, almost. stood in pyjama pants with a lazy cat, clumsily stretching for his hand to scratch under her chin, he looked absolutely gorgeous.

"c'mon, baby, go to dani. i'm right behind you." corbyn let her leap onto the bed as he crouched down, seeing her glance back at his crawling stance and continue her way up to daniel. he laughed at the feline, feeling corbyn slip under the sheets beside him.

"she's so dramatic." daniel turned onto his side, smile uncontrollable as his eyes met corbyn's. corbyn was undoubtedly petting her side, seeing as she walked between them and flopped down, covering the angel from daniel's sight.

corbyn's laughter was muffled, pushing soot a little closer to daniel as he propped himself up onto an elbow, leaning over her. he'd grown more confident with some actions, daniel meeting him halfway.

their lips pressed together for a second, a small click sounding in the silence of their home as corbyn's teeth were on display.

"i love you."

daniel kissed him again, one hand resting on the blond's waist while the other brought him in at the nape of his neck, eyes closed.

he wanted corbyn to know, wished his angel could feel how much passion and love was being fed to the other end. please, tell me you can feel it.

"i love you." daniel sighed, not bothering to add anything else in his sentence as he parroted corbyn. their foreheads met, the moment becoming more happy when soot released a meow between them.

he wouldn't have it any other way.

THE END

thank you guys so much!
i had a lot of fun writing this and i plan on writing even more books in the future [probably a little delayed since school is starting soon]

i wanna thank faith
-SPRAYBERRYINC
for putting this on message board a few months ago when it all started because that really took this to another level

also vee for being my editor for this whole ride [thanks for letting me bother you all the time (:< ]
somberlover

i love each and every one of you that have read this book and supported it and i'm blown away by the numbers its gotten

thanks for being so patient with me too (:

stay safe! wear a mask, drink water, go have a snack! i love you guys! <3 —haley

[p.s i think im gonna have a lil blooper/extra for yall so stay tuned]

[p.s.s i hope you all enjoyed oops i forgot to say that (:]