39

as both a thank you and an apology, corbyn was brought to the park for their 'first date'. daniel obviously feeling bad about the attempt from a few days ago.

so, there they were, now having sat on a bench as corbyn's head lolled back, posture lazy as his eyes fixed on the clouds painting over the sky. they didn't speak too much, but frankly daniel was absolutely fine with watching as corbyn admired the atmosphere around them.

"we don't have a lot of plants in heaven, or trees, really... clouds move too much." the words spilled into the thin air, daniel taking a moment to look in their surroundings. anybody in their vicinity wouldn't have heard corbyn, so he sat back and allowed the blond boy to continue.

"flowers are pretty though, i wish we had those."

"so it's just, houses?" daniel's brows furrowed, hand reaching for corbyn's as he got comfortable on the seat. the guardian took it happily, a smile gracing his features as he intertwined their fingers and gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

"hm, no... yes... we have roads and street lamps and benches and all of your practical machine-y things... and like, other buildings, not only houses. ooh! and the gate, my dad works there." corbyn perked up even more when mentioning ray, and daniel became even more intrigued with the land above.

"is the gate necessary?"

"no, not really... it's just better since we can keep track of the people that join our community that way, instead of them getting lost in someone's backyard, y'know?" the blond met daniel's eyes, watching his person nod in understanding.

"is it overpopulated?"

corbyn was happy that daniel was indulged in the conversation on the table, flickering his gaze to the clouds once more before the sun almost blinded him. "we have a lot of space up there, so, no, not exactly. a lot of families are grouped together too! i have these neighbours from the twenties, they didn't have many children but i help mow their lawn when the time comes."

this is where daniel's brows furrowed, "but you don't have plants, no?"

"the clouds get thicker in the winter time, at least, they appear thicker for us. sometimes it's hard to walk through so a lot of the younger people will pitch in and keep lawns in order for the older ones." corbyn's features rested a pleased smile, one that was clear and genuine. he always loved helping anybody he met, and it became even more obvious the more conversations daniel had with him.

they stood shortly after, strolling along through the park as corbyn was able to study the people in their surroundings.

a few children with their parents, all together with messy faces with ice cream dripping down their hands. not the adults, though, they were trying to keep the toddlers clean.

in the distance two people laid on a blanket beneath a tree, shoulders touching with books in their hands, in their own little world. they look so peaceful.

come to think of it, a great few people were beneath some trees, a group to the right, a picnic they passed, and only now did they begin to walk past a couple.

the only way corbyn was able to tell they were a couple was how their lips pressed together passionately, hearing sighs only a second later. "you're stuck with me forever, you know that, right?"

the other chuckled, hearing a faint click as daniel and corbyn stepped further away from them. "until we're old and grey."

corbyn stopped looking so intensely at the people of the park when a young girl stared him straight in the eyes and held it, scaring him the slightest bit.