12

corbyn came back later that day, much much later, due to not wanting to waste away daniel's time. although it was spring break, he knew daniel would've appreciated more tike to himself rather than with some stranger.

truly, they were strangers, even if they were oddly comfortable with each other, daniel knew what corbyn's being was, he didn't know about hobbies or favourite colours or seasons. (also, they'd only been speaking for less than twenty-four hours)

so, when daniel was called down for lunch they bid good-day and corbyn had now found himself bored at the hour of eleven. he ended up wasting the day watching movies, being energized from the little effort of his actions.

daniel was writing in his journal when he heard a knock on the window, glancing over with a small grin as he motioned for corbyn to open the window himself. in response, corbyn's head tilted. what's he saying?

he knocked on the window again.

daniel chuckled airily and stood up from the chair, opening the window with a raised brow. "it was open, dummy."

corbyn's cheeks flushed, realizing the motion daniel used was similar to what he'd done when opening the window. he wanted me to open it on my own... i'm so stupid.

"are you busy?" corbyn sat on the ledge of the house, not bothering to enter the room as daniel turned off an alarm on his phone.

"after i take my pills, no. i can complete my entry any time."

corbyn nodded and waited in silence as he watched daniel pop open a pill bottle, taking one and washing it down in seconds with the water bottle from his desk.

"they've been helping?" the blond asked, curious when seeing daniel place the water bottle down again. he only nodded, leaning against the window.

"better then i was, that's good... what's up, though, how come you haven't come in?"

corbyn found himself shy at the idea, he didn't want to intrude even though daniel clearly opened the window for him.

"can we get on the roof from here?"

half an hour later, both boys settled on a thick duvet sat on daniel's rooftop, extra blankets in case they'd got cold, along with pillows.

daniel relaxed, a plaid longsleeve protecting his arms as his fingers locked behind his head, laying down. corbyn was halfway there, propped up on his hands as he gazed at the stars.

they were quiet, they were usually quiet. neither of them were the type to splurge random topics that increase to the largest, twisty conversations. it was a comfortable silence, and corbyn decided to break it due to the rush of thoughts that clouded his mind on such a clear-skied night.

"i don't really understand it..." he muttered, daniel's brow raising as his attention was drawn. with no continue, his lips parted.

"well, that's a little obscure, care to elaborate?"

corbyn's gaze was lost in the skies, seeing every constellation as nostalgia warmed his body. he adjusted his palms, vision flickering to daniel.

"i was scared of you less than a day ago, and now we're like... we know each other. you're nice now, y'know? but we only know the basis of each other, why are we so close? why are we on your roof past eleven in the evening if we're practically strangers?"

daniel processed that.

"i didn't want you to be scared of me anymore. it's much more easy to be friendly than to loathe you. i don't even know what went through my head when i hated you, but i understand what you mean..."