23

jenna met with daniel's friend group for lunch, her friends trailing along as she shooed them off. with a self-given invitation, she sat herself on daniel's lap.

the brunet could've choked on his food, really. what the hell is she doing?

as to not make her seem awkward, his hand fell to her waist and jonah's brow quirked at him. the glance to both jack and zach was unmissable. daniel gave them a confused look upon seeing all of the weariness and scepticism painting their own expressions.

"what's up?" jenna perked, head tilting as daniel's head tilted, flickering to study her face before looking back at his friends. the boys looked fine now, giving smiles and responding to her words. daniel kept quiet, mind clouded. why did she sit in my lap? why did they look at me like that?

his body was somewhat stiff, and she moved around with her hips in a small circle as she turned to face the boys. in daniel's mind, though, everything clocked up with a wink sent in his direction.

does she even need guitar lessons? was that an innuendo? should i call it off?

on second thought, daniel only shrugged mentally. what's the worst that could happen? i've been lonely all break.

the grip on her waist tightened a little, hand clamping her hip bone and squeezing it just enough for her to notice. she gave a satisfied smile to the ground afterward, and he gave a small smirk, not caring if it was noticed by her or not.

"shoot! the bell's about to ring—" jack scrambled, jenna hopped from daniel's lap with a small nod as he packed up the food unfinished. she decided to tag along with them, considering they all went to the same class.

"what do we have?" zach's voice was muffled by food, jonah clamping a hand over his mouth.

"don't you dare choke, herron."

zach huffed, swallowing his food and repeating the question as jenna's pace slowed a little. daniel, by her side, stopped for a minute as she swung her bag around and shuffled through it.

in the sound of their group fading, daniel glanced at his feet, hand reaching for the back of his neck. "we have the culture one right?"

jenna, even if it wasn't too funny, laughed. "music and culture, seavey." she'd finally tugged a pen from her backpack, reaching for daniel's right hand with preparation to tug up his sleeve.

the scar.

daniel carefully slipped it away, swallowing at the quick motion as her brows furrowed. he lifted the left in replacement, vision locked on their feet.

"i— uh, i... there's a whole bunch of stuff wrote on this one..."

said hand reached for the back of his neck again, watching pen ink stain his skin with numbers.

with a glance to the shrinking trio separated from, her hand folded into a phone symbol and she shook it a little. "call me," she whispered, pen dropped into her bag again.
"c'mon, let's get to class."

corbyn's chest felt heavy at the touchiness between daniel and jenna. it confused him how she could be so flirtatious when they'd only begun speaking that morning. aren't flirty people in relationships?

did they have something in the past?

"corbyn matthew!"

the blond was startled, almost falling from his chair as ashley swung the door open. his wings bashed against the back of the chair, a quiet groan slipping past his lips as his vision tracked onto the sibling in the doorway. him and ashley had previously watched a movie or two before saskia called out for lunch, since it was an off day for her.