35

corbyn was a little worried when he left the house, although looking the same as he usually did there was a tiny bit of concern that daniel would think different of him.

he went a little different today, not by much, the outfit was still sweatpants and a sweater. the difference was how his sweatpants were black and his sweater was a gentle purple. he didn't usually wear much other than white, so the pop of colour made him a little nervous.

when landing on the roof's ledge, he dusted off his sweater before knocking on the window.

corbyn could hear a muffled, rather quiet, "it's open!" called out. so his hands worked to raise the glass of the window, a small moment of victory mentally celebrated when capable of opening it

his head popped in, finding daniel as the brunet rolled over on his bed, facing him. his eyes were somewhat lidded, hand moving lazily in motion for corbyn to come in.

so, corbyn climbed in through the window and closed it up. the day wasn't very sunny, more cloudy with gusts of wind. he didn't bother to lock it, turning as he brought the attention back to daniel.

"did i wake you?" his hands stuffed into his pockets, taking his bottom lip under the top teeth. am i too early? did i mess up the day?

"no, corbs, you're fine." the hoarse tone of daniel's voice caused corbyn to swallow, balancing from knee to knee as to keep himself stood.

although he would've been much more distracted if it weren't for the clears actions of daniel that stated something was wrong. the brunet's eyes lidded over, chest falling with a heavy exhale, "sorry, i uh... fuck."

"you okay?" corbyn took it upon himself to sit down on the edge, hand reaching out to rub his shoulder in a comforting way. daniel squinted a little, gaze locked on the ceiling before he lifted by his elbows, propping up without any eye contact given to corbyn.

"i tried to get up an hour ago, i think. um, can you go grab my pills in the bathroom?"

corbyn nodded, raising from the bedside as he was easily transported to the bathroom, glancing across daniel's sink and easily finding the container.

he raised the bottle, brows furrowing at the amount left as he shook his head. he's taking them. otherwise he wouldn't have asked.

"can i get you some water?" the angel's head tilted, pill bottle capsuled in both hands. daniel gave a mere nod, so corbyn left for the short moment as he remembered the location of the kitchen from the day they went to the graveyard.

daniel watched as he disappeared out the door, eyes squeezing shut as he brought a fist down to his abdomen. you fucked up the first date, great going.

even if he'd started taking his pills again, it was obvious that there would be some turmoil in the beginning. only days after he stopped taking them had he gone off the rails, and he expected for it to take a week or so.

corbyn returned shortly, careful yet quick as daniel sat up to take the items from his hands. he held onto the drink until daniel was ready, not wanting any mishap to cause a wet bedding.

when daniel was done both objects were laid on the nightstand, watching as his legs dropped from the side of the bed. his back was slouched greatly, not wanting to break the news to corbyn. i'm gonna ruin his day.

"i'm sorry, corbs..." the blond boy crouched before daniel, head tilting as he could finally catch a glimpse of daniel's eyes.