19

corbyn was maneuvered when daniel sat up, now laying his head in daniel's lap out of laziness as daniel's back pressed to the wall.

corbyn's eyes opened for a moment, brows furrowing shortly as his nose scrunched with it. in seconds, his face was normal, eyes curiously gazing up to daniel.

"what are you afraid of?"

daniel's head fell down to corbyn, previously glancing out the window in their silence. when his eyes met corbyn's he squinted slightly, head tilting as his lips pursed.

"what is there to be afraid of?"

corbyn blinked at the ceiling, hands resting on his chest as a sigh left his nose. "fire, loss, love... missing out. aren't some people afraid of spiders?"

corbyn's eyes danced across daniel's expression, a sheen of happiness coating the previous eyes as he could see the brunet's shoulders move to a shrug.

"i mean, tarantulas are weird, they could be called scary."

corbyn failed to stifle his giggles, "y'know what i don't get? you guys are afraid of spiders yet you'll say a lion is your favourite animal. lions are bigger than spiders, spiders are adorable."

daniel was about to speak before he was cut off, "no hate to the lions though, they're cute too."

he rolled his eyes playfully at his angel's words, a grin growing on his face. "you're not wrong, but we don't have to experience a lion lurking in our house or shower."

corbyn erupted in more giggles, "they're like big cats!"

just three hours ago had he taken daniel to the graveyard, shell broken as daniel had since then been able to take care of the angel and keep him entertained as to not grow sad again. i don't like seeing corbyn sad.

daniel bit his lip, curious yet not wanting to ruin the bright mood of his angel. "can i ask you something?"

corbyn's gaze was directed to him immediately, unable to meet his eyes as the view washed over daniel's chin. he hummed, inquisitive due to the tone of his voice.

"i don't mean for this to make you sad, if it does..." he muttered, swallowing with a weary glance to corbyn. the blond only gave him welcoming eyes in return.

"no worries, daniel, i'm okay."

daniel sighed, lips pursing momentarily as his tongue poked out. the window was quite interesting to him. he said he was afraid of missing out.

"do you ever miss the things you didn't get to experience?"

corbyn's head nodded a little, expecting a much worse question as his eyes traced the ceiling. he could feel his wing beginning to fall asleep, however, so he flipped his body around and layered his arms over daniel's thigh, chin falling on top.

"yeah, definitely... i mean, i'm nineteen, i never even had a first kiss. i never got to experience a relationship like every teen romance novel. i always liked space and music, too, so, i didn't get to have a career from those. hell, i didn't even get to meet my soulmate."

daniel's hand fell to corbyn's upper back, thumb grazing the bumps of his spine as corbyn continued.

"sometimes i don't understand why people want to die. but, it's all on their happiness, i guess... i wish i was still alive almost every day, but i'm grateful for what i got to live. i had a childhood, at least. a lot of babies and children arrive to heaven, my mom tells us a lot when she gets home."

corbyn's eyes closed, feeling daniel's thumb tracing small shapes near the nape of his neck. "sometimes god takes the suicidal ones, other times he sends us down. it all depends on their true emotion toward this world. you have potential in this world, daniel, you're talented and handsome and you could go far with the right roads taken."

daniel nodded at corbyn's words, remembering the very first night they'd met. corbyn knew a lot about daniel, and daniel was glad he was able to know more about corbyn.

"have you had your first kiss?"

daniel blinked, looking down at corbyn as the blond met his gaze from peripheral. "hm?"

"like, have you kissed someone besides your mom?"

daniel could feel his cheeks warming, smile grazing his face as he disconnected their visions. "yeah, yeah, i have."

corbyn could've jumped from daniel's lap.

"what was it like?" he toned down his excitement, feeling like a young girl when they discuss crushes with friends. i don't want to seem so interested, he'll think of me weirdly.

"it wasn't really fireworks like everybody else explains it to be. just, awkward, because we didn't really know what we were doing. it got easier, though."

daniel's expression grew silly at the memory of her braces, remembering the chill on his lips when he'd accidentally kissed her teeth.

corbyn rested his head, arms toppling as his cheek pressed to daniel's knee. "have you experienced that true love stuff?"

daniel's cheeks now burned, free hand raising to rub the back of his neck. what the hell are you asking me, corbs?

"i— uh, i don't know, really... i never wanted to call it love so i'd never know if i have. i thought it was kind of pointless how people say it so often. maybe it'd lose meaning or something..."

corbyn's brows furrowed at that, wings flapping shortly as daniel's hand stopped the movement, head finally tilted to flicker over corbyn's face. "if you love someone it shouldn't be a waste to remind them, dummy. i love my mom, ashley, all my family. even if we fight sometimes, i'll never not love them."

daniel pursed his lips at that, "i suppose it was the fear that i'd say i love you too soon, or that it wouldn't be reciprocated. i'll never know if i loved someone because i always pushed it out of the frame."

corbyn was unsettled at that answer, wings flapping again as one of them knocked against the wall.

both males jumped, corbyn's grip on daniel's leg tightening as the brunet grabbed a handful of the sweater coating corbyn's torso momentarily. "okay, okay, we're moving so your wing doesn't do that again... are you okay?—"

"i'm fine, dani, we both got scared."

although horrified of the use of nickname, daniel seemed unfazed as his leg bounced for corbyn to move. "c'mon, like i said, we're moving. i'm not getting the shit scared from me again."

"it wasn't that bad!"

EXTRA NOTES
-i didn't really know how to end
this chapter oops

-but also apologies for the late update
it was a cleaning day 🤧

-also i miss the boys so much
it's not funne anymore ):