09

corbyn, when in the theatre, was unluckily placed next to daniel due to a toddler having taken his original seat, so he sat on the other end, corbyn's end.

corbyn wanted to sit on the end because he'd been feeling anxiousness rise in his chest, sparking moments of nausea as well. he was initially two seats away from the exit to the row, nobody would take those. nobody besides daniel.

when daniel sat beside him corbyn almost stopped breathing, he hated how his cup holder was on the left side, the side daniel was on. he began to regret ever wanting to see a movie, screw jumanji, he could be at home watching the notebook curled up on his couch. why did ashley have to get me to leave the house?

due to not wanting to cause a scene, corbyn reached for the ring on his right hand. it was the perfect size for him to toy with, often spinning and removing it when feeling anxious or bored.

the ring was gone.

corbyn had barely cared that the movie was about to start, he'd began to start a rewind on his own life of film. when did i last have it?

he couldn't remember putting it on earlier, maybe it had been left home. then again, corbyn would've probably taken it since he'd put on a bracelet.

moments of daniel's room crossed his mind, corbyn didn't remember hearing any clattering but a ring falling to the floor would've been quiet. in his emotional state, corbyn only cared to speak what he thought and leave.

did i drop the ring when i fell?

corbyn didn't want to buy a new ring, there was some sentimental attachment to it, he didn't want some meaningless replica.

as colours flashed ahead of him, corbyn blinked. his slouched expression would probably worsen the wing cramping later on, but there wasn't much to do about it.

i suppose i'll have to check when i'm home...

corbyn released a quiet groan when he arose from the seats, he didn't touch his drink throughout the movie, and very little of his popcorn had been eaten.

i'll give it to jordan, he figured, shrugging as the group blended in with the flood of strangers. when they'd exited, they gravitated toward the same table they had started at.

"okay, so i'm taking you guys home but we need to stop at a gas station or none of you are going anywhere." jonah was checking his phone, similar to almost everybody in the group. presumably, he'd been searching for directions, but corbyn didn't have much of a clue. "oh, do you guys need a ride?

ashley shook her head, "no, thanks though, we don't live too far from here."

corbyn, after rolling the top of his popcorn bag down, leaned into ashley's side. jonah only nodded, the lie was fine.

"ash, can we go soon? my back hurts." he murmured, shoulders rolling back as he glanced toward the door.

ashley looked at the group before her, glancing toward corbyn who appeared quite sluggish to her. his bags were noticeable since before they'd even left the house, so there wasn't much telling if he was tired.

"hey, uh, nice meeting you guys but, corbyn's back is hurting a bit, i think we're gonna head out."

zach had begun to protest, claiming they still had time to waste since the night was oh-so-young, however, jonah understood. all four boys ended up getting ashley's number.

"i— uh, uhm... my ph-phone died." corbyn muttered, nodding his head as his gaze crossed the four other males. they'd understood, claiming ashley could give them his number later on.

daniel, he found, kept his eyes looming over corbyn. he didn't like it much, he'd wanted to put up his hood ever since he entered the theatre. however, he didn't want to be rude. the brunet's expression was unreadable, causing corbyn to shudder as he glanced away nervously.

i said so many rude things...
he probably doesn't want to see me again.

corbyn swallowed, fretting due to the expectations of his mentor. he was assigned to daniel for the rest of his life. if daniel hated him, it was quite hard to be protective and kind.

ashley concluded their night as corbyn seemed hazed, tugging on his arm gently to have him keep up. the blond boy shook his head a little, continuing the pace. as soon as they left the theatre doors his hood was tugged over his head.

"the movie was good." he stated, tone monotonous and ashley reached for his hand.

"i'm sorry you had to run into daniel, i didn't know it would happen. let alone him having to sit next to you."

corbyn released a dry, airy laugh, "trust me, i didn't know either." his head turned to find the familiar boys exiting the building behind them. "i probably would've kept you in so we could watch something if i knew i'd see him."

they'd been silent for a moment, corbyn facing ashley as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"oh, have you seen my ring by any chance?"

turns out, neither ashley or corbyn's tray of jewellery kept the ring hostage, leaving him a final place to look.

corbyn's body could've trembled with the amount of dread suffocating him the very moment his feet hit shingles, palm grazing a chilled window.

this is probably the last time i'm ever going to be at the seavey's house.

EXTRA NOTES
-i wanted these chapters (8 & 9) to be
a double update but that means
i need to catch up on some chapters

-i'll try and have an update out
tomorrow (: