EXTRAS/ A BLOOPER

hi y'all, i donno who's gonna see this but this was just a little idea i had towards the end of the book and i couldn't squeeze it in anywhere [this takes place before corbyn and daniel get together!] so its just a lil blooper thing ((:
have a good day/night, thanks for reading this! <3 the support means the world to me
—h.

the bridge, again.

daniel wanted to go there to clear his thoughts, and corbyn showed up out of random so he dragged the angel along with him. corbyn was quiet anyways, not exactly a bother at this hour.

the rain was quiet.

it was another unexpected guest, something that crept upon them with shaded clouds and winds that gave goosebumps to skin. the quiet whistle, rustle and bustle of bushes, a silent presence.

the rain was cold, too.

daniel sat on the edge of the bridge, looking at the river below as it dimpled with drops of rain, not caring for how wet his hair was. the rain soon trickled from his hairline, along his nose, his lips, dropping to his shirt.

corbyn paced a little, he kept his eyes on daniel as the rain picked up. no matter how many trees surrounded them, it wasn't the best block. his hood was up, but daniel's jacket didn't have anything to protect his head.

he could see how daniel's hands would raise to his eyes, wiping away unnecessary water as corbyn stepped up beside him. daniel glanced up, a small, forced smile sent his way.

obviously something was bothering the brunet, but he'd worry more on that later. corbyn knew daniel would tell him whenever he was ready to.

without daniel's notice, as his head had turned back forward once again, corbyn's wing stretched out to shield him from the rain. he smiled at the pellets that ran between his feathers, happy enough that he could help daniel in some way.

"you can sit, you know." daniel padded the rubble beside him, corbyn shaking his head in response while his hands tucked into his pockets. he was happy enough being an umbrella.

"i'm okay, thanks, though."

the wind blew daniels shirt back in ripples, sticking it to his chest as corbyn's eyes seemed to track daniel's abdomen for too long, catching himself with reddened cheeks while his head raised to another direction in bashfulness.

the rain made daniel's shirt a little more slicked than he'd hoped, huffing as his hands stretched it from his chest. "it feels like i just jumped into a pool fully clothed," he mumbled.

"you can take my sweater, if you need."

corbyn knew he'd get cold without it, but he'd do anything for daniel. a little chill wouldn't hurt.

"i'm okay with your shelter for now, but thank you."

daniel's grin was real this time, glancing up at the shocked look of corbyn as his cheeks puffed in protest. the angel huffed, cheeks warm in the cooled air as he stepped closer as curled his wing in to protect daniel a little more. no use in being coy now.

"oh come on, won't you sit with me? i don't need an umbrella." daniel whined, out of the blue in their previous quiet. he'd grown tired of his thoughts, wanting corbyn to babble about something he didn't know.

"i don't want you to get sick." corbyn shook his head, feeling daniel lean back against his legs as he glanced down to find a set of blue eyes.

"talk to me, then."

"about what?" corbyn's head tilted, finding that daniel was still perfect at any angle. he shrugged with a response.

"anything. what's on your mind?"

the first thing that came to mind was how beautiful daniel was, feeling his skin warm as he knew he couldn't just say that out of nowhere. "uhm... i don't know, really. i guess my main focus is on you now," the words came out much different than he'd intended, seeing a sly smirk appear on daniel's features. "not in that way!"

"aww, c'mon, besson, you don't love me?" it was clear daniel was simply poking fun, but corbyn's mind froze momentarily and he plastered a frustrated look over his face. daniel could get a little more wet, right?

his wing tapped against daniel's cheek in a mock-slap, pulling back as he stepped away from the brunet.

"no! corbyn! i'm joking, come back here." daniel went so far as to lie back, grabbing onto corbyn's ankle in his pleads.

"get up, dummy."

of course, when daniel was on his own feet corbyn's wing shielded him again, continuing.

"let's get home. you'll actually get sick if we're out here much longer."

"oh come on! that has to be a myth! i'm gonna be fine, mom."

EXTRA NOTES
-ive been sleeping so much recentky ohmygod

-n e ways this is probably the only blooper i have but ykno if i have more i will i just wanted to give this thing the checkmark already so yeah (:

-stay safe ! ilya <3