20

easter break finally ended after weeks of freedom due to some changes being made  for daniel's college. the days would pass on, and corbyn was becoming more annoying each day.

"you took your pills, right? backpack ready? breakfast? you remember how to dri—"

"yes, corbyn. i'm fine." this happened each morning, corbyn was like some personal checklist. he came to the window just as daniel was going to get his bag and leave. the brunet had even brought his backpack down early to avoid having a checkup, but corbyn somehow gets into the car. there was no escape.

it had been a week or so into school, daniel's friends coming back from their own spring break trips, talking about the people they'd meet as daniel usually sat quiet. what am i supposed to say? i attempted suicide twice, got some pestering angel, y'know, life's great!

"okay, corbyn, you can leave the car now. i'm okay." his upper body was turned to face corbyn now, seeing the angel with his legs crossed in the passenger seat. he gave large, puppy like eyes, gaze dropping to his lap.

"can't i come for the drive..?"

although his heart yearned to say yes, he truly needed some breathing space from corbyn. a week of constant checkups in the morning and afternoon gave him little time for himself.

"maybe tomorrow, corbs, i need to go pick up zach, remember?"

the blond's brows furrowed, "what's wrong with that?"

daniel sighed, wanting to drop his head on the car wheel. "he'd probably ask about your classes, you don't go to school."

corbyn huffed, shrugging as he nodded. "yeah, i know..." he reached for the door with a swallow, reluctant to leave daniel. "i'll see you later."

everything with daniel going to school was a little nerve wracking for corbyn, he knew daniel was doing just fine but he was used to spending the day with the brunet. there wasn't much to do besides watch from his desk.

corbyn closed the door to his room, pulling the previous hoodie from his body as he sighed. it was lonely and everything seemed uninteresting. his walls were white, his furniture was white, the only intriguing thing was the golden detailing of his belongings.

he slumped over to the closet, pulling out the first sweater daniel ever allowed him to 'borrow', tugging that over his head instead of the previous one. the background noise of the house was boring and once he stepped over to the desk, he could only see daniel at his locker.

there weren't many trees or pretty skies in heaven, the skies were usually just any shade of the sky since heaven was built high in the clouds. outside his window, he could only see the planes in the distance, rippling and parting the clouds as his lips pursed with a small furrow of his brows.

what did i do before daniel was in my life?

good question.

the sun bounced off the ground and he squinted, closing the blinds to be left in the shade of darkness. corbyn leaped for his bed, wings flapping momentarily due to the air brushing against them. with a gentle plummet to the duvet, he sighed small.

the gentle scent of daniel's cologne faded slowly, wafting toward corbyn's nose as the blond felt drowsy. he'd been waking up early to keep up with daniel's odd schedule. it was almost unfathomable how daniel woke up for six and slept past twelve.

corbyn situated himself, wings spanned across the bed as his chest pressed to an extra pillow of the bed, holding it close. his eyes fluttered, the house quiet as he could hear the faint sounds of planes so far away.

it hadn't taken long for him to fall asleep, slow breaths leaving his lips as the pillow was clutched tighter. over time, he slipped beneath the blankets, awaiting the time of four o'clock.

A THANK YOU
-this chapter's short but this book
is about to hit 2k reads
and im beyond thankful for everybody reading and voting or commenting
you're all amazing and i dont
think my words can explain how
grateful i am for all of you

-my words are a little tired
but i also want to thank
my editor somberlover because shes
epic and i dont know how horrible
these chapters would be without
her input so yea (:

-and this is a little apology for
updating something so small after being
gone for two days so oops