Prologue

𝐇𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞! ッ
ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇ, ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴀʀɪꜰʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴀꜱ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ. ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴘʀᴇꜱᴇɴᴛ ᴍʏ ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴛʏʟᴇ ᴏʀ ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇꜱ ɪɴ ᴀɴʏ ᴡᴀʏ. ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʙᴇ ᴡᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀ ᴛᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀᴛɪᴄᴀʟ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ & ᴄʀɪɴɢᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɪɴᴅᴜᴄᴇᴅ.

-

'A vampire is a creature from folklore that subsists by feeding on the vital essence of the living. In European folklore, vampires are undead creatures.

In folklore, a werewolf is a human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf, either purposely or under a spell, just as by full moon.

Vampires, werewolves, witches.. There are so many things we don't know about this world. But I, Byeong-Cheol, has seen it. It might sound crazy, but it's true. Those creatures exist, but they aren't what we think they are.'

"Seriously, Y/N?! You actually believe all of this bullshit?! Come on, even you know better! Your grandfather was already pretty old, so--"

"Stop it! I understand that you don't believe in this, but I do. And it's my grandfather we're talking about, respect him, please! Look, you don't have to point it out so clearly, I get it! But if you were my friend, you'd respect what I believe! And can you stop being so loud?! You don't have to judge me all the time!" I spat back my friend Areum, who just read all of that out loud. Honestly, I have enough of all of her judgements. This isn't the only time she did this. I snatched my grandfather's diary out of her hands and clutched it against my chest, holding it there. She scoffed and with a quiet 'goodbye' she left my house, all angry.

I sighed and placed the diary in front of me, onto the table. I smiled remembering my grandfather. He was very wise, and always told real stories. He never, never lied. Even though he was a bit at age, he was very healthy and energetic. I loved my grandfather dearly, until one day, he disappeared..

There weren't any signs of him, no DNA was left behind. It almost looked like he never existed.. Everything was how he left it. His diaries, books, all of his knowledge about those myths was in his room. It's sad, really.
He disappeared two years ago. People assume he's dead.
However, I don't think so.
He didn't write all of his diaries for nothing. I believe in my grandfather. I believe that those creatures exist.

Its a big mystery. One big mystery.

And I'm going to find out what happened to my grandfather, for real.