I woke up realizing I fell asleep on the couch. Where did Jungkook go?

Wait. No. I don't care where he is.

I stood up and walked towards the main door. Guess I'm going to try to sneak out. I peeked around the corner and saw the guards talking to each other, but still paying attention to what happened around them. There's no way I'm going to get through that door unnoticed. I sighed and turned back around, searching for some other door or window.

A window would work I guess, there are many. The first thought I got was the window in my room. I speeded off towards my room and locked the door. Not that it would help much, but atleast I would get a warning when someone would try to open it. I walked towards the window and opened it. It was really high up, if I was still human I would've been dead when I jumped down.

But now I'm immortal, I'll land on my feet.

I hope..

The chances are 50/50.

I lifted my foot and put it onto the edge of the window. I tried to balance myself by holding onto the wall and looked down once again.

This is not the time to be afraid of heights..

I lifted my other foot and the only thing I had to do now, was letting go of the wall and jump down if I didn't slip and fell down. Either way, I would get there. I closed my eyes and felt the cold wind rush around me. I opened one eye, immediately opening the other when I realized I was not going to land on my feet. I yelped and tried to protect my poor head with my hands, knowing I was upside down and I instead of landing on my feet, I would land on my head. It's better to hold onto something anyways, otherwise I would look like a bird falling out of its nest.

My heart was somewhere to be found in my throat when I was only 2 meters away from a immerse hit of pain. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the pain to strike but instead..

It never happened.

I stayed in my position for what felt like eternity, only to get another heart attack when I heard a deep, threatening voice.

"Did you just try to escape?"

I quickly opened my eyes only to see Jungkook's face up close, which at this moment looked really pissed off. I looked up back at the window I jumped from, when I realized it must've looked like I was diving into a swimming pool.

A swimmingpool without water, and in the first place nowhere to be found.

Guess I slipped instead of jumped.

Yup, that truly sounds like me.

I looked back at Jungkook and smiled innocently. "Wh-what? N-nooOo! Why would you think that? I was just trying to- to-"
He raised one brow. "Trying to what?"
"Trying to-to-I WAS JUST TESTING GRAVITY! I wanted to know if it still worked!" I came up with an excuse not even a musquito would believe.

You get it? Musquitos suck blood--
..Alright.

"Testing gravity? Well, guess you figured out by now that it still works, don't worry your little head about it ever again. Got it?" I nodded furiously. "Good."

....

"Can you put me down?"

"What?"

"Can you--HEY!" He just dropped me.

"I said put me down, not--"
"Yeah, yeah, some words just don't exist in my dictionary."
He waved it off and walked back inside the castle, gesturing me to follow him. I huffed and stormed after him,

In the back of my mind smiling like an idiot.

~Taehyung's POV~

I was in my room for 2 whole days. I was furious, a bit dizzy because of that weird feeling which I still didn't figure out and most of all..

I felt sad.

I felt sad because Y/n got marked by a person she truly hates, and now I have to stay away from her.

And I don't want to.

Maybe I was just a bit too happy when she decided she wanted to reject Jungkook.

'She isn't even my mate for God's sake, stop acting like this Kim Taehyung.' I told myself, immediately getting another sad but true thought..

'She won't be able to drink my blood.'

I stormed towards a vase and threw it to the ground, watching it shatter to pieces.

It felt really good when she drank my blood.

I want her to do it again.

No, I need her to do it again.

But she can't. Jungkook is going to be with her 24/7 now, since she's marked. That's what mates do.

I looked at myself in the mirror, absolutely conflicted.

If I could, I would have given myself a death glare by now.

'Why couldn't I be destinized to be with her?'

As a tear streamed down my cheek, I punched the mirror, breaking it. I looked at my fist seeing blood ooze out of my knuckles.

'What's the point. There's nothing I can do anymore..'

~Jungkook's POV~

I smiled while walking back into the castle. I gestured Y/n to follow me and I could hear her footsteps catching up with me quickly. I got rid of my smile in a blink of an eye when she stood in front of me.

"Apologize." She demanded.
"What."
"What?"
"What if I don't want to?" I smirked.
"Then I'll make you." She looked at me, challenging me.

This somehow got my heart beating a little faster but I didn't show it.

"Make me." I blurted out. What was she going to do??

At this moment I was curious.

Suddenly, she laughed. I furrowed my brows.

What's so funny?

"Did you seriously thought I would--Bahahah!"

~Your POV~

I laughed, thinking he really thought that I was going to chase him around or something. I looked in his eyes, only to stop laughing immediately and blush, realizing he didn't mean it like that.

I cleared my throat. "W-well.. I got to go. There's someone calling for me."
"No one is calling for you." He stated.
"Y-yes there is. My imaginary friend who's going to save me out of this awkward situation." I smiled and ran away,

Hearing Jungkook's real laugh for the first time.