4

The next day I waited eagerly for Helen at my grandfather's house. I have no idea how I'm going to get him out of there and I'm scared as hell, but I still have to try even if the chances of my success are zero. I need to wait 1 more hour until she arrives. I decided to learn a few things about their world, I'll be needing it.

I grabbed my phone and searched on 'Vampire and Werewolves basic knowledge.' I just clicked onto the first link.

'Vampires and werewolves aren't friends with each other. They've been in many wars and now live separately. However, they still meet up at the neutral grounds if they need to discuss something in order to keep everything settled. Vampires and werewolves both have destined mates. That's like a soulmate. They are going to be with that person for forever, as long as they live. They can't even think about hurting them and cheating doesn't even exist in that. It's very, very rare for a werewolf or vampire to be mated with a human because they live in different worlds. Though, nothing is impossible. Also, vampire emotions are heightened. When humans would feel sad, they would feel like it's the end of the world. When humans feel love, they want to claim and are very possessive. When humans are happy, they are exploding from happiness. It all just works a bit different.'

I smiled. That's good to know. That soulmate system thingy is quite nice though. Not getting cheated on or getting hurted.. I would even like that in the human world. It almost seems romantic. To be with that one person you're destined to be with.

As I was deep in my thoughts, the front door suddenly opened. I looked at the door and saw Helen walk in. "H-hey! How--the door was locked--" I stuttered. She smiled. "Powerss.." She dramatically made a gesture with her hands. I laughed.
"So, shall we get started?"

A moment later, we were standing in the living room with all windows covered and the doors locked. Helen closed her eyes and began saying things I couldn't understand. She grabbed my hand while doing this and after 3 minutes she opened her eyes. I looked at her really confused. At that moment, she began glowing a bright shade of blue.

She smiled. "Now, this may sound weird, but you'll have to walk right through me. I'm like a gate to our world. I wish you the best of luck. I really hope that you are going to be able to save your grandfather, our known friend." I thanked her, and then took a step back to make sure if I really want to do this. It's so weird.. How can I walk right through her?

But then again, what is normal in this world?

It's all just crazy.

What was going to happen when I step into this gate thingy?

Where will I wake up?

And will I ever make it back?

There's a possibility I will die there..

There, I'm weak, useless against those powers.

But I'm still going to try.

They won't hurt me without a reason, right?

I hope so..

I looked around the room once more and took a deep breath. I look Helen in her eyes and smiled. She nodded and I carefully walked forward, closing my eyes. A cold breeze caused me to shiver, and then I felt tingly.

The next thing I knew, was like I fell asleep..

---

I slowly opened my eyes, only to close them again. Too bright.. I closed the curtains yesterday when I was going to sleep, right? Guess I forgot.. I opened and closed them a few times and then reality sunk in.

Where am I?

I jumped up in a sitting position. I looked around but only seeing trees. Everything was so beautiful. I was sitting on grass, and soon stood up. I'm here for a reason. But.. Where do I need to go to? I decided to walk around for a bit, still cautious. After 15 minutes, I heard people talking. I quickly hid behind a tree.

"Do you smell that?"
"What?"
"It smells like a--human.."
"I don't--wait a second.."
"Hey you! Show yourself!"

Oh no.. They're talking about me.. After debating whether I should show myself or not, I decided to do so. I walked towards them.

"Holy shit, it really is a human!"
"What are you doing here, human? We don't really like visitors.."

"H-hi, my name i-is Y/n and I-I'm here for a reason.. I'm not a threat, I promise." I stuttered out. "Mkay, well for now, my name is Ae-Cha and this is Hee-young. Nice to meet you! We'll talk about this later, but for now, come with us!" She smiled. What I didn't know, was that she could smell I didn't form any kind of danger.

I smiled back and nodded. It's for the best to make some friends, right? I followed them and soon arrived at a huge house. Like really, it was ginormous.
"Woah! How many people live here?" I asked stunned. They laughed a bit. "Our whole pack does. So, like, I guess 35 people? Pups are oftenly born so.." Hee-Young explained. "That's so cool! So like, you guys are werewolves?" I asked curiously. "Yeah we are! I'm a beta and Ae-Cha is an omega!"

"That so cool!! By the way, do you need to know something about me?? Do you know my grandfather perhaps?" I asked
while walking inside with them.
"Well, our pack did knew a human. How is your grandfather called?" I smiled before continuing. "His name is Byeong-Cheol." They stopped in their tracks and turned around. "B-Byeong-Cheol was your grandfather?!" I nodded.

"Ohmygod! I'm so sorry for you! I-I-I-- we c-couldn't do any-thing! He was so nice and taught us so many things b-but The Seven came and-" She started crying. I came to hug her while Ae-Cha did the same. "Calm down, Hee-Young.. I think Y/n is here to save him, am I right?" I nodded. "Yeah, but I don't really know where to look for him though.. I mean, The Seven is really powerful and they could kill me in a blink of an eye.." They both agreed. "Well, for now, I need to go cause I still need to do something, but Ae-Cha will stay by your side." I smiled. "That's fine by me." Hee-Young walked away and I was left with Ae-Cha. "So.. Let's sit down first."

We both sat down in the living room -which was bigger than my whole house- and started talking. I told her a bit about myself and so did she. "So.. From what I've heard.. Werewolves can transform, right? C-can you show me? I'm so sorry I asked its just that--" she giggled.

"No, it's so fine, I would be so curious too!" She stood up and closed her eyes. Before I knew it, a beautiful brown wolf stood in front of me, looking at me. I was amazed. "H-how-wow!" She walked towards me and I petted her head. After a few moments, she shapeshifted back again. She smiled. "Yup, I'm still a werewolf!"
"Where is everyone else actually?" I asked. "Oh, they're hunting. Normally, only a few people would go hunting, but this time it was some kind of ceremony. Hee-Young and I stayed here to watch te pack house. "Ah, I see.. One more question, how did The Seven suddenly find out about my grandfather being here?" I asked.

"Well.. We're honestly not so sure about that. It's indeed weird. He came here pretty often and no one except our pack members knew about it. It's also a rule we don't step into each other's grounds. So, when one of them came to get your grandfather, it was not only sad but also confusing and rude. It was also a question we had for a very long time. 'How did they find out?'" I hummed and thought about it. Guess I'll need to find that out, too.

It was now evening, and Ae-Cha introduced me to a lot of people. All of them knew my grandfather. When it was time to go to sleep, I stayed in a guestroom. I snuggled under the blanket and closed my eyes. All of this is quite overwhelming. I let a few tears slip. I have so many questions to ask my grandfather, but I'm also so worried.

But I'm not going to give up. Tomorrow, I'm going towards my grandfather, no matter what happens.

If I die, I atleast tried to save him.