Chapter 11

Note: I don't own Haikyuu and stuff.

Fukunaga's heart is pounding in his ears as he tries to become small in an effort to survive, dim neon lights glowing softly with occasional ominous flickering as his midnight orbs dart frantically around the darkened area searching for threats.

Shadows dance in the corner of his eye making him tense as he whips around to check them, stomach flipping as he lowers himself to be smaller still. The cyber panel his back is pressed against is cool to the touch even through his vest, noises ricocheting all around as he tries to steady his breathing in the brief respite.

Hugging his gun to his chest as he checks his surroundings again, he's at the ready as he peeks around the corner he's beside on one knee. The large alien craft looming in the distance easily spotted above the different wall levels is the main marker for his mental map although that's not saying much, it'd probably look like a child drew it if tangible with his wonderful sense of direction. The ship basically only serves to tell which way he's going, closer to the middle of the field or not.

He glances up to the second floor briefly to make sure no one is sneaking up on him from above, slinking around the corner to dart to a far wall on all fours and repeat the process again. He won't let himself die. He's determined to make it. He still has his hood up, trying to use it to his advantage to cover his stark too white skin.

Stiffening at a slight noise nearby that's trying to be silent in a deliberately muffled way that raises the hair on his neck, he counts to three and whips around with his gun aimed. Another teenager jumps with a little shriek and he pulls the trigger, beeping going off as the guy's chest plate and gun alight in a vibrant red.

With that person out of the way, he creeps on and peeks behind him again only to hear a deep chuckle near his ear. He freezes, knowing he messed up by not keeping his eyes ahead for that brief second as cinnamon engulfs his senses. Slowly, so very slowly, he shifts big eyes to the intimidating monster standing before him at the corner he's at with a gun pressed to the cat's chest plate dimly lit in a soft cyan to match the guns as a marker that he's an active player. Uh oh, sticky spot.

The raven pouts with a pathetic whine as his ears droop sadly and watches as the hunting alpha's muscles loosen momentarily under barely sun kissed skin, it's only a split second but it's all he needs. He's trained for this, volleyball prepared him to be cool under pressure and take opportunities quickly when they arise with the precision to go for the kill in a single move. He whips his gun up, deciding he won't go down alone as they fire at the same time and both plates and guns light up red to show both parties are dead. Tendou dramatically clutches his chest while falling to the floor in slow motion and Shohei sniggers despite victory being snatched away, grabbing his sinewy arm to drag him back up as they share a laugh.

They go to the nearest outer wall and head to the exit, the only way to unlock their gear to pass through the archway. As soon as they're out of the arena and in the lobby that leads to different ones, the phoenix asks if he wants to go again.

Shaking his head, Fukunaga smiles bittersweetly. "Not right now, I need a break." He's a little torn as he eyes the alien invasion room they just finished. "I need to eat soon probably." He sighs, annoyed they'll have to leave because of him.

"S'okay, we can always come back another time. It's not goin anywhere." Shrugging, Tendou grins at the smaller and Shohei mentally does a victory dance at the reference to future dates as they take their gear off. It's still a shame. Satori's a complete dork and when they were playing, he'd do dramatic poses that were funny.

They go to their shared locker to grab their phones, wallets and Fukunaga's sugar things before turning the gear and locker key in at the desk. He brought the cat to a popular laser tag arena for the first part of their date, not exactly normal or romantic in the typical sense but they've been having a blast going through different fields so it's going pretty well. "We should probably hydrate and snack anyhow, we've been working hard. Lunch then do something else? I can show you around with some window shopping like we talked about." The fact the dominant is still happy, mood not dropping in the slightest, has the raven doing the same.