Chapter 26

Note: I don't own Haikyuu and stuff. I suck, I know. Post will explain if ya wanna hear it.

"Your boyfriend or should I be calling him your dom?" Tora's mockingly playful tone and snicker tells Fukunaga that he still doesn't believe it, still thinks it's some elaborate prank to throw him off that his best friend actually allowed a male alpha to lay a claim on him without fighting it like it's something Fukunaga shouldn't and couldn't possibly want. Something not important and impossible simply because he's Tora's bestie therefore magically unable to be gay or a submissive, like it's a choice for either and he should choose not to be while knowing macho alpha Taketora.

Shohei's desperately tried time and time again to tell him it's not a joke and that he doesn't like the way the alpha talks about his relationship or his mate-to-be which does in fact exist, but Yamamoto just won't get it. He absolutely refuses to see reason and it hurts, in a few ways. Fuku outed himself without thought since he hadn't been hiding it when they asked while mentioning a 'girlfriend' and he said he's never had one nor an interest, being asked directly and confirming it. He had no idea that they didn't know and felt kind of stupid for not realizing sooner.

He wishes he had paid more attention to the way they said things earlier on.

At first, they pointed out that he's been dating someone that they've seen claim marks from and he nodded since it's true though he had no idea why he was suddenly that day's focus target. It's usually the more noticeable and rambunctious ones or clearly quirky, he's rarely (never) at the center. It was Kenma who thought to ask if it's a guy and he nodded again in confusion. He remembers thinking how obvious it is, he's an omega. Not the stereotypical kind really, but still an omega.

There are situations where omegas mate each other, but it's far more likely to be one of the other two breeds. If the omega is male than an alpha is the only type who can get them pregnant and appease their heats entirely so instinctively, omegas generally seek them out and/or respond to them better. Betas can be dominant, but they don't have knots so they can't appease that desire either and they don't bite since they aren't equipped properly like extendable fangs and such.

Omegas as a rule want a mate who's more dominant than themselves, it's common for a male omega to mate with a male alpha and isn't even frowned on nowadays.

To him it's so obvious they'd know, he didn't even think of announcing it let alone actually do so. People see a male omega and usually assume they'll mate an alpha, unconscious or not. It's not like they mean to stereotype or anything since society is trying to break those, but it's that common. Gender isn't really a thing for that part, but males tend to lean towards their own due to dominance issues. There are plenty of girl doms out there who are strong enough too but this is just how it works. Most girls are more reserved and not aggressive enough for male omegas.

Some women do it too, mate their own gender or breed. It's not a big deal.

He hadn't realized they thought he's with an alpha female, he's never shown an interest in them after all despite the fact that they can appease an omega's instincts similar to a male alpha. Why the hell would they assume the male submissive who blushes and gets shy for confident guys but doesn't notice girls are alive to be straight and want a woman in the first place? He was so confused.

When they'd found out he was dating someone shortly after that first trip he'd been 'tattled on' so to speak. Changing in a room full of people makes it nearly impossible to miss a claim mark (let alone a semi-fresh one) and he hadn't done anything to hide it, he's amazed it took a week-ish before they noticed considering how close they are and in each other's business constantly like a tightknit family.