Chapter 14: A special banquet

After Yi Wei went to Gu Yueshan company these past few days, Secretary Wu will arrange some simple tasks for him to complete. Most of the rest he will study in the lounge.

Yi Wei felt thirsty, picked up a tea cup and prepared to take a cup of warm water, and just stood up the door of the lounge just opened, he turned to look over, and saw Gu Yueshan with glasses coming in panic, The tea cup fell to the ground.

"What's wrong?" Gu Yueshan walked to Yi Wei and asked Yi Wei in a panic.

"No, nothing, you didn't care about it ... I accidentally dropped it." Because Yi Wei was too flustered, he didn't notice that the tea cup was broken and he was ready to pick it up.

"Don't pick it up!" Gu Yueshan walked quickly to Yi Wei.

Yi Wei took a broken tea cup and looked at him.

Gu Yueshan took Yi Wei tea cup and placed it on the table, holding his hand and taking a closer look.

"I ... the hand is okay" Yi Wei carefully observed Gu Yueshan look, because the distance was too close, Gu Yueshan held his hand again, Yi Wei was even more nervous but still asked "It is so early today gone back already?"

"I'm going to a meeting, and it won't end until late. Didn't you say that you're going to eat with Mrs. Miller today?" Gu Yueshan saw that Yi Wei  hand was not hurt, and he let go of his hand.

"Oh, right!" Yi Wei was so nervous that he forgot "I have an appointment with my mother today to eat at Mi family".

"Then don't have to wait for me, let the driver take you there" Gu Yueshan looked at him and said "I'm going to a meeting".

"OK." Yi Wei nodded.

Gu Yueshan took another look at Yi Wei before turning around and going out.

Looking at Gu Yueshan who turned away. Yi Wei heart was still beating quickly because of the tension just now. He sighed, calmed himself, then packed his things and set off for the Mi family.

Mi Xue is a half-breed. She is the eldest daughter of Father Mi. There are also two half-brothers and two half-brothers below. After her mother divorced from Master Mi, she took her child to abroad to live. However, her mother and Father Mi broke up peacefully and divorced. Nothing like tearing her face happened. When Mi Xue was young, she returned to Mi's house several times a year. Later she grew up and became more and more busy with her studies. After she started working, she was so busy that she didn't even have time to return to their husband and wife's home, let alone to return to Mi family.

After Mi Xue and her husband had an accident, Master Mi wanted to take her back to take care of her, but Mi Xue was unwilling to leave her husband home. Master Mi was worried and had no other way. Now that Mi Xue is willing to return to Mi's house, Father Mi is naturally happy.

During the time after Mi Xue returned to China. Yi Wei had been to Mi's house several times. It was also a familiar road, so she passed directly.

Yi Wei walked for a moment after entering the lobby, because the layout of the lobby seemed to be about to have a very grand banquet.

Yi Wei asked in wonder "Mom, is there a banquet at home today? Is it such an important day?"

"It was an important day" Mi Xue said with a smile. "Today is your 20th birthday"

Yi Wei took a moment to realize that today is his birthday. In the past few days, he was totally obsessed with studying and forgot his birthday. In addition, he has not celebrated on his real birthday for several years, so he was unable to respond for a moment.