Unreciprocated

"Uugh .. why am i that waste of bandages partner ..."

"How come i am partners with my own dog ? I don't get it ..."

"The hell are you doing in my room ?!"

Chuuya shouted angrily at the brunet who was laying on his bed as if it was his own. He was pretty sure they left the Boss's office at the same time so how come-

"It's not like i wanted to come to chibi's room but-"

Dazai sat up then wore his most serious expression.

"There is something important we need to do now that we are partners ."

Chuuya was both confused and suspicious yet he still sat on the bed in front of the brunet when the latter asked him to, he can always kick him out if he tried anything stupid.

"What do we need to do ?"

"We need to make vows ."

"Vows ?"

"Any partners need to do this, explaining to chibi is a waste of time though so just repeat after me~"

"What do you mean by 'waste of-"

"Repeat after me, 'I vow ..'"

Chuuya could have totally thrown him out but for some reason, he wanted to carry on with this in hope that Dazai won't do something to ruin all of it again. With an annoyed tone, he repeated after him.

"I vow .."

"I vow to be your life partner ..."

"I vow to respect you .."

Chuuya let out a laugh that he muffled at the other's serious glare.

"I vow to respect you .."

"To be honest with you always .."

"And to stand by you through whatever may come ."

Dazai surprised the ginger when he grabbed his hands pulling them out of their leather gloves then suddenly putting Chuuya's left ring finger in his mouth biting it not letting it go till he made it bleed then he slowly licked the blood before getting pushed away by the irritated and frowning ginger.

"What the fuck-"

"Now you need to do the same thing with my finger .

Dazai pushed his left hand towards the ginger smiling at him then sighing tiredly when Chuuya retorted.

"There is no way i'm doing something so weird !!!"

"This is part of the vow, if you don't do it then our vow won't be complete !!"

Chuuya was hesitating but Dazai knew what to say to convince him.

"This is the last part, just do it and we will be done. Or is it too hard for a hatrack like-"

"Who is a hatrack ?!"

Chuuya fell for it right away pulling Dazai's hand then biting on his ring finger till it bled then he looked up at the brunet who was wearing his biggest grin frowning.

"Do i ... have to lick it too .. ?"

"Yes !!"

Dazai nodded exaggeratedly feeling a wave of satisfaction going through his body the moment he felt Chuuya's tongue tracing it's way around his ring finger leaving traces of his bite behind that formed a perfect ring. His grin only grew wider at Chuuya pushing his hand towards him once he was done then glancing away with a light blush painting his cheeks.

"Are we done now ?"

But here again, Chuuya didn't expect Dazai to hold both his hands and cheerfully announce.

"It is now my personal privilege to introduce us, Dazai Osamu and Nakahara Chuuya as Partners in life ... for life ."

Chuuya kept staring at him weirdly not knowing how he should react. Dazai only added to his confusion when he suddenly stood up and walked to the door.

"I will be leaving now, don't be too late to our training tomorrow, chibi~"

As he internally chuckled 'You're so naive, Chuuya ..'

"That's my line !! You're the one who is always late !!"

Chuuya retorted angrily but his partner was already out. He sighed and laid on his bed staring at his ceiling as he thought 'He is so weird ...'

"It is now my personal privilege and great joy to be the first one to introduce you as the newly married couple. Partners in life... for life. Please greet them warmly ."

Once the priest was done with his speech, all the guests in the church stood up cheering for the married couple. Dazai stared at Chuuya's face, he was smiling, he was happy. Dazai was happy too.

Dazai stood up and cheered as everyone did.

Dazai congratulated the newly married couple as everyone did.

Dazai went back to his cold, lonely apartment once the party ended as everyone did.

Because Chuuya was wearing a ring from someone else.

Chuuya was married with someone else.

Chuuya was happy with someone else.

Chuuya was going back home with someone else.

... because ... when Chuuya meant the world to him, for Chuuya, he was just one of them. 

He has always been only one of them.

Yes, Dazai was happy too ...

*I am sorry ;-; ...

*Please all of you stay safe with this Corona virus going around ... ily ♡

*If you enjoyed this then don't forget to vote on it and leave your thoughts about it ❤