Re-Life

Chuuya opened his eyes finding Dazai in front of him, fifteen years old Dazai, he looked around remembering the place they were in, that garden they came to when they were done talking with Mori after their first encounter. His eyes quickly wandered to his own body, he was wearing his old green jacket, he didn't even get to process what was going on when he heard Dazai's voice.

"What's with you, Chibi ? Is your brain so small it can't even process my words ?"

"W-what is going on ?"

Chuuya barely said these words and everything around him disappeared. He had no idea what was happening, all he remembered was that he faced that ability user that he thought was an enemy but the man seemed to know him and- he opened his eyes and the same Dazai was facing him, in the same garden. This time he properly heard Dazai's words.

"Fine, i'll answer but do me a favor and stay far from me, i wouldn't want people to think that we are associated ."

Still looking at him while being extremely confused, Chuuya didn't know what to say, again, he stayed silent for a long time urging Dazai to repeat the line that he said before.

"What's with you, Chibi ? Is your brain so small it can't even process my words ?"

"That's not it you idiot, i-"

... and here again, everything disappeared. Chuuya breathed in, he had to stay calm and recall what exactly happened before he gets here, the man who he thought was his enemy seemed to know him, he even thanked him for something Chuuya has done for him in the past but couldn't remember, he has met many people in the past.

The man then told him that he looked sad, seemed to have a lot of regrets, he approached him then as he suddenly rested his hand on Chuuya's cheek, he muttered these words.

"Be true to yourself and after this, you will have no more regrets ."

Chuuya was again faced by the same young Dazai, saying the same words to him. His mind kept repeating the man's words 'Be true to yourself .. what does he mean by that ?!'

"What's with you, Chibi ? Is your brain so small it can't even process my words ?

Chuuya looked up, realizing he took too long to talk, he had no idea what he was supposed to say that he ended up retorting, using the same words he said when this happened in their past.

"Don't worry, i would hate for people to think that we are associated too ."

"I see we get along in that aspect, i really like you when we get along !"

Chuuya glared at him, these words kind of annoyed him, just like they did in the past that he said the first thing that crossed his mind, which happened to be the same words he said in their past again.

"Ugh, stop that ! That's disgusting i might die !"

"... yeah, right ?! That's so disgusting i might just die as well ."

Chuuya found Dazai's reply strange, it was the same thing he said in the past but now that he knows him, he did hear something other than disgust in his words, he didn't get to say anything though as everything disappeared around him again.

He was never the patient type, Chuuya was already getting annoyed. He breathed in again as he had to deal with the same scenario, hear the same words. It was the guy's ability, he had to say something specific if he wanted to get out of there but what was he supposed to say ?

The man's words 'Be true to yourself' were in Chuuya's mind again as he heard Dazai say the same line for the fourth time.

"Fine, i'll answer but do me a favor and stay far from me, i wouldn't want people to think that we are associated ."