Part 2

NICO

Percy and I work non stop on our chariot till it's dark out. As we're the only two working on it, it's a given that we're both going to be riding it when the time comes.
'I figure I'd better be in charge of steering. What with my whole talking to horses thing.' Percy says, securing the front left wheel.
'Checks out.' I say, wiping sweat off my forehead, 'so that leaves me with the defence position.'
'Think you can handle it?' He asks, looking up at me, smiling.
'I'll give it a go.' I say. I give him a hand up once he's done and we stand back to admire the progress.
'How's your whole Persephone situation going anyway?' He asks out of the blue.
'What Persephone situation?' I ask.
'Well, I mean, what new stuff can you do?'
'New stuff?'
'Like that whole connection deal you got with Will's sisters. There must be more stuff.' He says.
'I don't know.' I say, 'I hadn't thought about it.'
'Might be worth looking into. There are no Persephone kids here and yours is a sort of unique situation. Adopted, let's call it.' He jokes.
'Sure.' I reply. We leave the chariot in the back of the workroom, and head outside.
'She might be giving you some useful stuff. Who knows.' He says.
'Yeah. I hadn't thought about it. I'll do some research.' I say.
'For sure. And let me know if you find anything that could come in handy with winning this race.' He says.
'Will do.' I say, waving dismissively and already walking away towards the infirmary to find Will.