Part 38

NICO

My head is pounding when I start to become aware of the world again. I open my eyes and the light burns it's way into my head. I make a low groaning noise, and I hear faint voices. A cold flannel is placed gently against my forehead and I feel immensely better.
A sharp high pitch noise is all I can hear to begin with, but it fades away after a while. I hear my name.
'Nico. Nico, can you hear me?' I hear. I open my eyes. Everything is blurry.
'Will?' I ask, my voice hoarse. I cough.
'Hey.' He says, helping me to drink some water.
'Are You okay?' I ask, and he smiles.
'I'm fine.' He says, 'how do you feel?'
'Is Percy Okay?'
'He's fine.' He says, 'he'll be fine.'
'Is he awake?' I ask.
'Not yet.' He says. I start coughing again. He helps me as I try to sit up.
'We need someone else.' I say, realising I'm the only one with Will, 'what if I try to hurt you?'
'You're not going to hurt me.' He insists.
'You don't know that.' I say.
'I do.' He says, 'and if you do try to hurt me, I don't think you'd be much of a match. I think even I could take you.'
'Wow. That bad?' I ask and he laughs.
'I was worried.' He says, turning serious, 'I hadn't seen you that bad since...since before we started dating even. You were...I don't know.'
'I'm fine.' I insist, 'it wasn't that bad.'
'Nico, I was here the whole time.' He says, 'I could see...'
'Okay. So it wasn't great. But it's over. I'm up.' I say, 'that's that.'
'That's that.' He echoes.
'Now I need to talk with everyone.' I say, starting to get out of bed, 'we need to figure out what's going on with you.'
'Hey, Hey.' He says, stopping me from leaving the bed, 'you're not leaving.'
'But, I-'
'You're not leaving.' He insists, 'Doctor's orders.'