Part 39

WILL

I stay with Nico the entire day, but he's restless. He doesn't want to be in bed. He wants to help. And I realise pretty quickly that the only way to keep him in bed is if I bring everyone else to him.
Hazel, Reyna, Leo, Annabeth and Percy (although Percy is still out of it. He's drugged upland doesn't make much sense). Frank is back from his expedition, so he joins us too.
Nico sees Percy helped in by Annabeth. She sits him in the closest seat.
'Percy, I'm so sorry.' Nico says, 'are you okay? Is he okay?'
'He's okay.' Annabeth says.
'Don't even trip, dog.' He says, waving his hands in the air. I look to Annabeth.
'He's...he's on a lot of drugs.' She says.
'The drug of love.' He says, holding Annabeth's hands.
'That's sweet, babe, but no. You're on several drugs.' She says.
'Okay.' Reyna says, steering the conversation to its purpose, 'so brainstorming. We need Will's enemies, and we need Nico's enemies.'
'Will has no enemies.' Nico says.
'I could have enemies.' I say, defensively. Everyone looks at me, 'I mean, I don't. But I could.'
'Sure you could.' Nico says, smiling and taking my hand. He holds it loosely while we continue to talk. 'The only enemies he has he inherited from me.'
'That's so sweet.' Annabeth says, 'me and Percy share clothes and food, but you guys share enemies.'
'We're progressive like that.' Nico says.
'So who could this be?' Reyna asks. Everyone stays silent, 'come on, Nico has literally hundreds of enemies.'
'That's the problem.' Frank says, 'how do we single them out? They're doing this unprovoked.'
'Oh my God.' Nico says, sitting up suddenly.
'What?' I ask, concerned, 'are you okay? What's wrong?'
'I know who it is.' He says, turning to me, 'Holy shit.'