Part 19

WILL

Nico and I sit alone at the Hades table (which Nico had reclassified as the Persephone table) when Chiron comes to announce capture the flag.
Everyone starts stomping their feet as Clarisse and Nico get on their tables. I hold out a hand to help Nico get up which he accepts despite not needing any help.
'Nico, you're call. Heads or tails.' Chiron asks as he flips a coin.
'Heads.' He says.
'It's heads.' Chiron clarifies.
'I want Hephaestus.' He says instantly. Everyone does a double take.
'What?' Leo asks.
'What?!' I ask.
'I want Jackson.' Clarisse says quickly.
'Apollo.' Nico says.
'Athena.' Clarisse continues. They keep going, Clarisse clearly getting the best team.
The heads of Nico's team gather around the table and he gives them battle plans until it's just Leo and me left.
'You better have some sick plan, Neeks.' Leo says, 'no way am I losing in my glorious return.'
'Leo, all the Hephaestus kids are going to partner up with an Apollo kid and be our first line of attack. It's going to be chaos.'
'I love it.' Leo says.
'Wait, by pair up-' I start to ask.
'You two our pairing up.' Nico clarifies.
'Peachy.' Leo says, smiling infuriatingly, getting up to leave, 'I can get to know your boo.'
He walks away leaving me and Nico alone. Nico kneels down on the table smiling gleefully. He points to Leo walking away, 'he called you my boo.'
'Nico.' I say, shaking my head.
'My boo, Will.' He says, still smiling, 'you're going to have the worst time ever.'
'I can't believe you.' I say.
'He'll warm on you.' He insists, 'besides, it's a good plan. It's going to be absolute chaos, and Leo always ends up getting hurt somehow so he needs the best medic on board. Which just so happens to be you.'
'Didn't that work out well.' I say, standing up and helping Nico off the table.
'So well.' He says. We link arms as he walks with me off to the armoury, 'how's it feel being my boo?'
'Shut up.' I say, shaking my head.
'Sure thing, boo.'