✨28✨

Sungwoon's pov

I waited for her at the usual place, but she oddly took longer than she usually did. I sling my bag to my back, then walked to the supplies storage with her bag on my hand. She was so clumsy and I kinda worried she would do something stupid there. After few steps I took, I saw her exited the room, with her head hang low.

How unusual.

I just stood there and waited for her to come to my direction, but not long after that I saw Jungkook was out of the room, with the same expression.

What just happened?

Ara quickly changed her expression after saw me, but she was never good at lying, so it was too obvious that she faked it.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

"I messed the supplies so I needed to tidy it. Thanks for waiting, Oppa." she smiled, but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

✨☁️✨

It was already around 6 pm and we just finished the commitee meeting. We would have a festival in a month and we needed to prepare it.

"You wrote it already, right, Ara?" Seongwu asked Ara, which her head was still on the cloud. "Yah, Ara!"

"Y-yes, sunbae?" she finally responded.

"You wrote it all, right?" he asked again.

"Yes, sunbae."

"Stop calling me sunbae, it's weird." he waved his hand.

"Yes, call him Ongchongie," Lisa joked.

She finally laughed and she stopped after realized I looked at her.

Lisa was always sensitive. She seemed to notice that something was wrong, so she elbowed Seongwu, signalled him to leave the room with her. Seongwu surprisingly got the signal fast, and the two of them left the room.

Ara was still zoning out, and didn't notice that the two member left the room already. After called her multiple times, she finally responded, and I asked her, "What happened?"

She just shrugged, and I didn't want to force her.

"Have you done the homework I gave you?" I asked her, really didn't know how to make a conversation.

She became even more bad mood, and mumbled "I haven't look at those, actually."

"Why don't you take a look now?" I asked.

"I told you, I'll continue the tutor after the cup," she replied. "I have too much on my plate."

Awkward.

It's always her who makes the conversation.
Now she shuts her mouth and I don't know what to say.

I opened a music box purposely, to let the music fill the silence. She lifted her head, and looked at me, who was currently holding the tiny music box.

"What song is that?"

"It's the chorus part of my favorite song, beautiful." I replied.

She listened to it, and looked like she enjoyed the tunes.

"So beautiful, beautiful,
You're more beautiful than anyone else," I started singing.

She looked at me, in a big wonder. Maybe she didn't understand why I suddenly sang along, but she once said my voice was so soothing, and I hoped it would make her calmer in the way I couldn't say what I tried to say.

"So don't be sick, don't cry," I looked at her.

"If you can hear this song for you
Come back to me

Oh, I miss you, I miss you,
Seeing myself standing alone in the mirror,
It's strange and I'm afraid, I need you,
I hate myself for realizing this now,
Come back to me"

-Beautiful, Wanna One (English Translation)

She finally smiled, and said, "Why did you sing so sudden?" she chuckled. "But thank you, Oppa. It was so beautiful. The lyrics and melody."

"Let's go home, now?" I picked his bag, and she followed me.

I watched her closely, who lost in thoughts. I drove in silence, and she just looked outside the window.

She didn't even look at me after she met Jungkook earlier.

What did they talk about?

She was fine before that.

I pulled over, and stopped in front of her apartment. She released her safety belt and I looked at the tear stain.

She cried earlier?
In this car?
She didn't have it before.

"Oppa, what is it?" she asked.

Don't cry.
You can tell me anything.
Don't look away when you are crying
My shoulders are always here for you to cry on.

"Oppa?" she asked again.

Lean on me, Ara.

"Nothing," I replied.

"Okay, bye then." she jumped off the car, and waved me goodbye.

If only I can say and do whatever I want to, just like Jungkook always does.